Zenobia Company LLC. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Peanut Protein in “My Spice Sage Cumin Ground”, With 0 Comments, Category: Recalls,
Zenobia Company LLC. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Peanut Protein in “My Spice Sage Cumin Ground”
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE — January 12, 2015 — Zenobia Company LLC. Of Yonkers, NY is recalling MY Spice Sage Cumin Ground in its 1 oz, 4 oz, 4.9 oz, 16 oz and 50 pound packages, because they may contain undeclared peanut protein. People who have allergies to peanuts run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.
Product was distributed nationwide through online mail orders only. The recall only applies to below skus sold between 7/1/14 – 1/8/15.
The product is sold in resealable plastic bags with the following markings except for the 50 lb bag which is not resealable and lacks UPC coding. The 4.9 oz size is in a plastic bottle:
• My Spice Sage CUMIN GROUND, 1 oz (28g) – UPC 00105001
• My Spice Sage CUMIN GROUND, 4 oz (113g) – UPC 00105004
• MY Spice Sage CUMIN GROUND, 4.9 oz (139g) – UPC 00105000
• MY Spice Sage CUMIN GROUND, 16 oz (454g) – UPC 00105016
• My Spice Sage CUMIN GROUND, 50 lb
No illnesses have been reported to date in connection with this problem.
The recall was initiated after our supplier notified us that the Cumin Ground containing peanut protein was shipped to us by them unknowingly. Consumers with questions may contact us by calling 1-877-890-5244, Monday-Friday 9 am-5 pm EST.
* We believe that none of the products being recalled were processed or offered through the national office.
* We strongly encourage you to notify your agencies within one business day from receipt of this notice.
* ALL cased and uncased inventories, both at the member level and agency level, need to be checked. This product may have entered member and agency warehouses through salvage, local donations, TEFAP, local purchases, retail pickups, food drives, or other avenues.
* For additional local details, please contact the Health Department(s) for the area(s) your food bank serves.
For full details on the recall, please visit: http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm429984.htm?source=govdelivery&utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery
If you have questions, please contact Wayne Melichar, Food Safety Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312.629.7263.