World’s Choice Products, Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk And Soy Lecithin From Whey Protein in “Supreme Elixir”, “Kids Juice” And “Xtreme Fiber Detox”, With 0 Comments, Category: Recalls,
World’s Choice Products, Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk And Soy Lecithin From Whey Protein in “Supreme Elixir”, “Kids Juice” And “Xtreme Fiber Detox”
For Immediate Release
April 28, 2016
World’s Choice Products, Inc.
View Product Photos
World’s Choice Products, Inc. of San Diego, CA, is recalling the following products:
• 32 fluid ounce “Supreme Elixir” drink
• 32 fluid ounce “Kid’s Juice” drink
• 1 pound and 8 ounce “Xtreme Fiber Detox”
The recall was initiated because the products contain undeclared whey protein, which contains the allergens of milk and soy lecithin. People who have allergies to milk and soy lecithin run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume this product.
The above mentioned products were distributed nationwide through mail orders.
• “Supreme Elixir” comes in 32 fluid ounce white HOPE bottles marked with lots #15094, 15258, 15310, 15483, 16053 and 16091 stamped on the bottom of the bottle.
• “Kid’s Juice” comes in 32 fluid ounce white HDPE bottles marked with lots #15104 and 15326 stamped on the bottom of the bottle.
• “Xtreme Fiber Detox” comes in two presentations of 8 ounces and 1 pound, white HDPE container marked with lots #15174, 15372, 15423, 15538 and 16051 stamped on the bottom of the container.
No illnesses have been reported to date in connection with this problem.
The recall was initiated after it was discovered by FDA that the whey protein containing products were distributed in packaging that did not reveal the presence of whey protein. The problem was caused by a temporary breakdown in the manufacturer’s production and packaging processes.
Production of the product has been suspended.
Consumers who have “Supreme Elixir”, “Kids Juice” and “Xtreme Fiber Detox” are urged to return them to the place of purchase for a full refund. Consumers with questions may contact World’s Choice Products at 1-800-675-1845. We are open Monday through Friday from 8 AM until 5 PM PST
* We believe that none of the products being recalled were processed or offered through the national office.
* We strongly encourage you to notify your agencies within one business day from receipt of this notice.
* ALL cased and uncased inventories, both at the member level and agency level, need to be checked. This product may have entered member and agency warehouses through salvage, local donations, TEFAP, local purchases, retail pickups, food drives, or other avenues.
* For additional local details, please contact the Health Department(s) for the area(s) your food bank serves.
For full details on the recall, please visit: http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm498242.htm?source=govdelivery&utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery