Whole Foods Market store in California issues consumer advisory on kimchi products due to undeclared food allergens, With 0 Comments, Category: Recalls,
Whole Foods Market store in California issues consumer advisory on kimchi products due to undeclared food allergens
For Immediate Release
May 28, 2016
View Product Photos
Whole Foods Market is issuing an advisory to customers who purchased Spicy Kimchi, White Kimchi, Kimchi Fried Rice and Kimchi Guacamole from one of its Los Angeles-area stores because the items contained fish, shellfish or tree nuts (pine nuts) that were not listed on product labels. All potentially affected products have been removed from store shelves, and the company is recalling the items out of an abundance of caution. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to tree nuts, fish or shellfish run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.
Included in this advisory are the following items, which were offered at the company’s 365 by Whole Foods Market store in Silver Lake between May 25 and May 27:
• Spicy Kimchi offered at the salad bar (undeclared fish/shellfish)
• Kimchi Fried Rice offered on the hot food bar (undeclared tree nuts)
• White Kimchi offered at the salad bar (undeclared tree nuts)
• Kimchi Guacamole offered in one-pound pre-packaged clear plastic containers with lids, item number 20185700000 and sell-by dates of May 29 to May 31 (undeclared fish/shellfish)
The missing allergens were discovered in-house by an employee. No illnesses have been reported to date.
Customer who purchased the affected items and wish to return them can bring them back into the store for a full refund. Customers with additional questions about this advisory can contact the store at 323.378.3891 Monday through Friday between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. PST.
* We believe that none of the products being recalled were processed or offered through the national office.
* We strongly encourage you to notify your agencies within one business day from receipt of this notice.
* ALL cased and uncased inventories, both at the member level and agency level, need to be checked. This product may have entered member and agency warehouses through salvage, local donations, TEFAP, local purchases, retail pickups, food drives, or other avenues.
* For additional local details, please contact the Health Department(s) for the area(s) your food bank serves.
For full details on the recall, please visit: http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm504009.htm?source=govdelivery&utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery