God’s Pantry Food Bank is seeking a Volunteer Services Assistant to assist the Community & Media Relationships Manager and Volunteer Services Coordinator in the management and supervision of all on-site volunteers. This is a part-time position.
– Coordinate and oversee volunteer work sessions that support the operational needs in the warehouse (Tuesday evenings and Saturdays).
– Assist in upkeep of the volunteer database, utilizing CERVIS
– Work with Community & Media Relationships Manager and Volunteer Services Coordinator to help identify standout volunteers and/or volunteer groups for annual award recognition.
– Assist in scheduling of groups and individuals for evening and weekend sessions.
– Receive food drive donations at set times during regular evening and weekend volunteer sessions as needed.
Given that God’s Pantry Food Bank is both a crisis response and an ongoing service agency, it is necessary that staff be adaptable and creative, able to deal with rapid change and unusual demands of time and effort. It is also imperative that excellent working relationships and a positive atmosphere be maintained with not only the staff, but with donors, volunteers, clients and all others with whom the employee comes in contact with while representing God’s Pantry Food Bank.
Strong communications skills required. Ability to work set hours required. Computer aptitude and basic knowledge required. Involves light to moderate lifting. Concern for issues of hunger and poverty and their solutions. Ability to work with a broad cross-section of individuals.
Part Time (12 hours per week): Tuesdays: 4:30-8:30 p.m.; Saturdays: 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Email is the preferred method of submission.
Send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Darlene H. Davis, Human Resources Director
Gods Pantry Food Bank, Inc
1685 Jaggie Fox Way
Lexington, KY 40511
Deadline for Applications is August 14, 2018.