God’s Pantry Food Bank (GPFB) has an open Maintenance/Food Safety/Lead position. This position participates as a member of the operations and warehouse team of GPFB. Responsibilities are to manage the overall Building Maintenance, Safety, and Sanitation in our 5 facility network (Lexington, Winchester, Prestonsburg, London, and Morehead). Responsible for keeping GPFB in compliance with AIB (American Institute of Baking) standards, both written and physical, and adhering to all food safety guidelines internally and externally. Responsible to keep our facilities operating safely and compliant with all OSHA regulations as well as any local, state, or federal requirements. This position also will serve as back up for the warehouse and transportation managers when they are away from the facility.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
Given that God’s Pantry Food Bank is both a crisis response and an ongoing service agency, it is necessary that staff be adaptable and creative, able to deal with rapid change and unusual demands of time and effort. It is also imperative that excellent working relationships and a positive atmosphere be maintained with not only the staff but with donors, volunteers, clients and all others with whom the employee comes in contact while representing GPFB.
– Maintenance skills and a sanitation background is essential
– Reliability and dependability is crucial
– Self-starter with ability to work independently
– Excellent communication and organizational skills
– Outgoing and enjoys interacting with people
– Attention to detail
– College Degree and 4 years building maintenance experience or comparable combination of both
– 2 years people management experience
– Experience with a forklift, scissor lift, and electric pallet jack
– Ability to maneuver quickly throughout facilities.
– Able to lift up to 75 pounds.
– Standing, walking, sitting, driving, reaching, finger dexterity, climbing and stooping.
– Can operate scissor lift, pallet jacks, and forklifts
– Maintain a valid driver’s license and safe driving record
– Maintain a DOT certification
– Maintain internal forklift certification
Download the job description.
To apply send resume and cover letter to:
Darlene H. Davis, Human Resources Director
God’s Pantry Food Bank
1685 Jaggie Fox Way
Lexington, KY 40511
Deadline for application is August 20, 2018
God’s Pantry Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.