The Finance Director participates as a key member of the Management Team with direct responsibility for fiscal oversight and payroll. This person plays a significant role in organizational planning and direction and must possess strong strategic skills.
• Participates as a member of the Management Team.
• Supervises Finance, IT, and front office staff.
• Engages the board and Finance Committee as appropriate.
• Serves on Building and Property Committee.
• Represents the Food Bank at appropriate community and Feeding America meetings.
• Stays abreast of current events and issues that may impact our programs.
• Facilitates the annual budget in conjunction with the annual work plan and supporting the Strategic Plan.
• Has initiative to drive new processes and promote responsibility.
• Manages the fiscal area with excellent accounting controls and accuracy.
• Prepares useful and timely reports using Navision Ceres and Centage Budget Maestro.
• Provides management of federally funded programs with high level of accountability and adherence to prescribed procedures.
• Coordinates annual audit and 990.
• Conducts annual review of commercial insurance coverage.
• Responsible for accurate and timely processing of payroll and 401K contributions.
• Serves as the backup for Human Resources.
Given that God’s Pantry Food Bank (GFPB) is both a crisis response and an ongoing service agency, it is necessary that staff be adaptable and creative, able to deal with rapid change and unusual demands of time and effort. It is also imperative that excellent working relationships and a positive atmosphere be maintained with not only the staff, but with donors, volunteers, clients, peers at Feeding America, and all others with whom the employee comes in contact while representing GPFB. Able to handle detail oriented work while meeting schedules and deadlines.
A Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance and a minimum three years of experience, or
equivalent, is required. Familiarity with accounting systems is a must. Experience with notfor-
profit organizations strongly preferred. Computer skills and higher level of Excel
experience are essential. Experience with Navision Ceres, Centage Budget Maestro,
Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge, Jet Reports and/or Tableau is a plus.
Candidate should be outgoing, enjoy interacting with people, and demonstrate excellent
communication and organizational skills. Management experience strongly desired.
Attention to detail. Self-starter with ability to work independently as well as lead a team.
Concern for the issues of hunger and poverty and their solutions desired.
Involves light lifting and ability to drive company car.
Time Commitment: Full Time, 40 hours/week. Occasional evenings and weekends.
We offer a competitive wage and excellent benefit package.
Email is the preferred method of submission.
Send resume and cover letter to: [email protected]
Mailing address: Darlene Davis, Human Resources Director
Gods Pantry Food Bank, Inc
1685 Jaggie Fox Way
Lexington, KY 40511
Application Deadline is February 12, 2018
Click HERE to download position description.
God’s Pantry Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our Mission: The mission of GPFB is to reduce hunger in Kentucky through community
cooperation, making the best possible use of all available resources. GPFB collects and
distributes donated food to agencies across Central and Eastern Kentucky.