We are Hiring: External Relations Coordinator (Full-time)
God’s Pantry Food Bank
External Relations Coordinator:
God’s Pantry Food Bank (GPFB), based in Lexington, Kentucky, is seeking an outgoing individual to fill the position of External Relations Coordinator (Coordinator). The mission of GPFB is to reduce hunger in Kentucky through community cooperation, making the best possible use of all available resources. GPFB collects and distributes donated food to agencies across Central and Eastern Kentucky.
The External Relations Coordinator will assist the External Relations Manager in the oversight of on-site volunteers and coordinating food drives in Fayette County. The Coordinator will be the primary point of contact for all volunteer activities on Tuesday and Thursday evenings and Saturday shifts. The Coordinator is a team leader for volunteers and is responsible for maintaining a positive and productive atmosphere within the warehouse during all volunteer shifts.
- Volunteer Services
- The coordinator will schedule and oversee volunteer work sessions that support the operational needs in the warehouse, along with keeping volunteer areas fully stocked. Will assist External Relations Manager with up keeping volunteer data base, updating website for volunteer shifts and annual award recognition. It is vital that the coordinator communicate the GPFB mission to all volunteers and maintain orderliness during all volunteer shifts as there are safety and food safety standards that must be maintained.
- Food Drives
- The Coordinator will manage and promote food drives within Fayette County to grow this source of food as a support for pantries and community engagement. This position will create and maintain food drive materials, printed and on the website, and be the primary contact for the public in regard to food drives. The coordinator is to maintain pick up and drop off schedule for barrels and record pounds donated through this source monthly.
- Interactive Media
- In addition to volunteers and food drives the coordinator will maintain all sign-ups submitted through the website and online forms. Post recalls in the appropriate area on the website and externally. Some social media and website responsibilities will be assigned.
More about this position:
Given that God’s Pantry Food Bank is both a crisis response and an ongoing service agency, it is necessary that staff be adaptable and creative, able to deal with rapid change and unusual demands of time and effort. It is also imperative that excellent working relationships and a positive atmosphere be maintained with not only the staff, but with donors, volunteers, clients and all others with whom the employee comes in contact with while representing God’s Pantry Food Bank.
- Strong communications skills required.
- Ability to lead small to larger groups of varying ages and restrictions.
- Ability to work with a broad cross section of individuals.
- Ability to work set hours required.
- Computer aptitude and basic knowledge required.
- Involves moderate lifting and use of electric and manual pallet jack.
- Much of work day is spent in warehouse with broad range of temperatures.
- Concern for the issues of hunger and poverty and their solutions.
- Full Time – 40 hours each week
- Schedule MUST include: Some Tuesdays 1-9:30 p.m. & Every Thursday: 1-9:30 p.m.; Every Saturday: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- The remaining hours will be completed on a schedule determined by Coordinator and External Relations Manager.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Please direct your cover letter, resume and references to:
Misty Simms, External Relations Manager: [email protected] by September 28, 2016 by 4 pm
GPFB is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Download the job description here: