God’s Pantry Food Bank is looking for a Capacity and Outreach Specialist VISTA to bolster agency capacity and increase outreach activities. This position will be hired through the Americorps VISTA network at the Plantory in Lexington, Kentucky and hosted at God’s Pantry Food Bank in Lexington, KY. This position will require travel within the 50-county service area of God’s Pantry Food Bank.
• At least 18 years of age
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Valid driver’s license
• Interest in hunger relief efforts
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
• Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
• Must meet all other requirements set forth by Americorps VISTA
Benefits of VISTA service:
• Living allowance
• End of service educational award
• Healthcare support, child care assistance, life insurance and travel to pre-service orientation
• Access to professional development opportunities
• Can be combined with academic credit opportunities with school’s permission
• Relocation assistance may be available
• One year service term beginning in July-August 2018. Full-time, 35-40 hours.
How to apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter detailing your qualifications to [email protected].
Email is the preferred method of submission.
Darlene Davis, PHR, SHRM-CP
Human Resources Director
God’s Pantry Food Bank, Inc.
1685 Jaggie Fox Way
Lexington, KY 40511
It is strongly encouraged to start an application on my.americorps.gov if you are interested as this will be required of the final candidate.
Application deadline is April 13.
Download this description HERE.
God’s Pantry is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Our Mission: The mission of GPFB is to reduce hunger in Kentucky through community cooperation, making the best possible use of all available resources. GPFB collects and distributes donated food to agencies across Central and Eastern Kentucky.