Volunteer Assistant: Part-time (12 hours/week)
The Volunteer Services Assistant will assist the External Relations Manager and Volunteer Coordinator in the management and oversight of all on-site volunteers.
– Coordinate and oversee volunteer work sessions that support the operational needs in the warehouse (Tuesday evenings and Saturdays).
– Assist in upkeep of the volunteer database, utilizing Raiser’s Edge.
– Work with External Relations Manager and Coordinator to help identify standout volunteers and/or volunteer groups for annual award recognition.
– Assist in scheduling of groups and individuals for evening and weekend sessions.
– Receive food drive donations at set times during regular evening and weekend volunteer sessions as needed.
Given that God’s Pantry Food Bank is both a crisis response and an ongoing service agency, it is necessary that staff be adaptable and creative, able to deal with rapid change and unusual demands of time and effort. It is also imperative that excellent working relationships and a positive atmosphere be maintained with not only the staff, but with donors, volunteers, clients and all others with whom the employee comes in contact with while representing God’s Pantry Food Bank.
Strong communications skills required. Ability to work set hours required. Computer aptitude and basic knowledge required. Involves light to moderate lifting. Concern for issues of hunger and poverty and their solutions. Ability to work with a broad cross section of individuals.
Part Time (12 hours per week): Tuesdays: 4:30-8:30 p.m.; Saturdays: 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Please send resume and cover letter by September 20th to:
God’s Pantry Food Bank
1685 Jaggie Fox Way
Lexington, KY 40511
Or email the information to: [email protected]