We are Hiring!
Food Sourcing Liaison: Part-time (28 hours/week)
God’s Pantry Food Bank is seeking a Food Sourcing Liaison to help establish and maintain relationships with food donors and partner agencies. The liaison will work with members of GPFB staff to visit retail stores, regional food producers and other donors to develop strong relationships. The liaison will reinforce perishable food donation procedures and policies through problem solving, training and education. The liaison will also meet with potential donors to encourage donations.
The liaison will assist with the Retail Store Donation program which includes quarterly visits with all stores, maintaining the monthly reports and follow up on any and all concerns.
Travel is required and will include visits to the 50 counties in the GPFB service area. Part-time status includes 28 hours per week with a flexible work schedule.
- Computer skills (proficient in Microsoft Office) and data entry experience
- Ability to work with a variety of people from diverse socioeconomic backgrounds
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Great customer service skills
- Self-starter with ability to work independently
Minimum 2-Year College degree or a comparable combination of education and experience.
- Standing for long periods
- Walking into, around and out of client facilities
- Ability to travel and ride in a car for long distances
- Valid Driver’s License with safe driving record
- Concern for the issues of hunger and poverty and their solutions
The deadline to apply is 6/19/2017.
Email is the preferred method of submission.
Send resume and cover letter to: [email protected]
Mailing address: Derek Brown, Operations Director
Gods Pantry Food Bank, Inc
1685 Jaggie Fox Way
Lexington, KY 40511
God’s Pantry Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer