VOLUNTEER IN OUR LEXINGTON WAREHOUSE!
Warehouse Warriors come in all shapes and sizes! Those warriors between the ages of 6 and 13 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian, however, age 14 and up can volunteer without supervision. We can schedule up to 30 people at a time!
We have regular volunteer sessions on Tuesdays from 5p-8p and Saturdays from 9a-12p and 1p-4p. Sign up for a shift in advance is required, for safety reasons, we do not accept walk-ins. Due to projected changes in the workflow, we may experience times with little to no volunteer projects. We will make every effort to notify you as far in advance if a cancellation needs to occur. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation. Please follow shift registration steps below:
- Check availability for an upcoming shift date below before filling out the registration form, we have a limited number of spots and for safety reasons must adhere to a volunteer number.
- Be sure to fill out the registration form below by providing all the information and adding anything that you think we might need to know about.
- Please fill out the registration form at least three business days before your requested volunteer shift, we close shifts 3 days in advance and cannot guarantee placement in shifts (even if they are not full) with last minute registrations.
- Tuesday shifts are 5p-8p and Saturdays are 9a-12p and/or 1p-4p. We are closed from 12p-1p and all volunteers must leave the premises. No alternative/shorter/longer shift times are available without prior approval and communications from Volunteer Services at the Food Bank.
- If you are looking for a volunteer opportunity in our warehouse during business hours, or you have a group larger than 15 and you’d like to make a special request, please contact Caroline Glenn ([email protected]) at the Food Bank to arrange a volunteer opportunity outside of our regular volunteer shifts.
- Read our FAQs on volunteering HERE and our safety procedure for warehouse volunteers HERE. Before completing your registration
Tuesday Shift Availability (as of 8/8/17)
Tuesday, August 15th – 5-8PM 30 SPOTS AVAILABLE
Tuesday, August 22nd – 5-8PM 10 SPOTS AVAILABLE
Tuesday, August 29th – 5-8PM CLOSED
Tuesday, September 5th 30 SPOTS AVAIABLE
Tuesday, September 12th 10 SPOTS AVAIABLE
Tuesday, September 19th 20 SPOTS AVAIABLE
Tuesday, September 26th CLOSED
Saturday Shift Availability (as of 8/8/17)
August 12th – 9AM-12PM 15 SPOTS AVAILABLE
August 12th – 1PM-4PM FULL
August 19th – 9AM-12PM FULL
August 19th – 1PM-4PM 25 SPOTS AVAILABLE
August 26th – 9AM-12PM FULL
August 26th – 1PM-4PM FULL
September 1st CLOSED for Labor Day Weekend
September 9th 9AM-12PM FULL
September 9th 1-4PM FULL
September 16th 9AM-12PM FULL
September 16th 1-4pm FULL
September 23rd 30 SPOTS AVAILABLE
September 23rd 20 SPOTS AVAILABLE
September 30th 9AM-12PM FULL
September 30th 1-4PM FULL
For dates BEYOND the last date above please email your request to Caroline Glenn, or check back soon for updated dates and times.
WAREHOUSE VOLUNTEER REGISTRATION FORM:
Once you click “submit” above, the form will go blank and we will have received your request.
After signing up for a shift via email, you will receive a confirmation email. It is NOT an automated response, so it may be a few days. If you do NOT receive a contact email at least a week before the shift you requested, please alert us so that we can confirm your shift: Caroline Glenn
- Court ordered requests (except traffic diversion) must be approved in writing by Misty Simms ([email protected]). Please email Misty and include the above volunteering information as well as any court documents and requirements for completing your hours and total number of hours needed for completion in order to gain approval to volunteer with us.
- WE DO NOT pre-sign or provide a signature in advance of volunteering for school or other purposes. Please bring any paperwork that is needed to provide proof of your volunteer session with you to your shift. If needed, we can provide a document on letterhead stating your name, date and hours completed for volunteer service. Thank you. We expect that our volunteers keep track of their hours with any paperwork we provide, please take care in keeping your documents.
- Shifts are maxed at 30-35 people depending on the group type, however, for all groups larger than 35 wishing to join a regular shift, we need advance notice to staff the shift accordingly. Please work with Volunteer Services at the Food Bank to schedule a large size group.