Vitalicious Issues Allergy Alert For Undeclared Milk In SELECT Apple Crumb VitaTops
For Immediate Release
May 2, 2016
View Product Photos
Vitalicious Acquisition LLC, of Jamaica, NY, is voluntarily recalling select lots of VITALICIOUS Apple Crumb VitaTops because they may contain undeclared milk. Individuals who have an allergy to milk run the risk of a serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume this product.
The VITALICIOUS Apple Crumb VitaTops were sold nationwide directly to consumers via online ordering only, not sold in stores and began shipping on March 21, 2016.
The affected VITALICIOUS Apple Crumb VitaTops are packed in a clear plastic film, NET WT. 2 oz. (55g) with the following LOT CODES and sold frozen in cases of 12 units, 24 units, or variety packs:
• VitaTops APPLE CRUMB LOT 16 075 C (stamped on top of film)
• VitaTops APPLE CRUMB LOT 16 078 C (stamped on top of film)
No other VITALICIOUS brand products are included in this recall action.
There has been one reported illness to date.
The voluntary recall was initiated after it was discovered that the incorrect ingredient statement which failed to declare the presence of milk was included with the Apple Crumb VitaTops online orders. The company has revised the ingredient statement to declare the presence of milk.
Consumers who have an allergy to milk and are in possession of the affected Apple Crumb lot codes are encouraged to dispose of it, and contact the company for a refund. Consumers with questions may call Vitalicious at 718-439-0200 ext. 627, Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EDT or by email to:[email protected]
* We believe that none of the products being recalled were processed or offered through the national office.
* We strongly encourage you to notify your agencies within one business day from receipt of this notice.
* ALL cased and uncased inventories, both at the member level and agency level, need to be checked. This product may have entered member and agency warehouses through salvage, local donations, TEFAP, local purchases, retail pickups, food drives, or other avenues.
* For additional local details, please contact the Health Department(s) for the area(s) your food bank serves.
For full details on the recall, please visit: http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm498746.htm?source=govdelivery&utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery