Tyson Foods Inc. Recalls Chicken Product Due To Possible Adulteration
Class II Recall141-2015
Health Risk: LowNov 17, 2015
Congressional and Public Affairs
Gabrielle N. Johnston
WASHINGTON, Nov. 17, 2015 – Tyson Foods Inc., a Pine Bluff, Ark. establishment, is recalling approximately 52,486 pounds of chicken wing product that may be adulterated because of having an “off odor” scent, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today.
The fully cooked buffalo style chicken wing section item was produced on October 24, 2015 and October 25, 2015. The following product is subject to recall: [Labels <http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=74984377&msgid=1070267&act=3R4N&c=366788&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fsis.usda.gov%2Fwps%2Fwcm%2Fconnect%2Fdee358e9-a91e-4227-9fd7-fde277673ef8%2F141-2015.pdf%3FMOD%3DAJPERES> (PDF Only)]
* 28-oz. retail bags containing multiple pieces of “Tyson® Any’tizers® Fully Cooked Hot Wings® CHICKEN WING SECTIONS COATED WITH A FLAVORFUL HOT, TANGY SAUCE” with use by/sell by dates of October 24, 2016 and October 25, 2016, packaging dates 2975PBF0508-23/2985PBF0500-01 and case codes 2975PBF0508-23/2985PBF0500-01.
The product subject to recall bear establishment number “P-13456” inside the USDA mark of inspection as well as on the back of the bag above the heating instructions. These items were shipped to retail locations nationwide.
The problem was discovered when Tyson Foods Inc. received consumer complaints about the product being “off-odor” as well mild illness associated with consumption. After these consumer complaints, Tysons Food Inc. brought this to the attention of FSIS.
There have been no confirmed reports of adverse reactions due to consumption of these products by FSIS. Anyone concerned about an injury or illness should contact a healthcare provider.
Consumers who have purchased these products are urged not to consume them. These products should be thrown away or returned to the place of purchase.
FSIS routinely conducts recall effectiveness checks to verify recalling firms notify their customers of the recall and that steps are taken to make certain that the product is no longer available to consumers.
Media with questions about the recall can contact Derek Burleson, Public Relations Manager, (479) 290-6466. Consumers with questions about the recall can contact Tyson Foods’ Consumer Relations, (toll free) 866-328-3156.
Consumers with food safety questions can “Ask Karen,” the FSIS virtual representative available 24 hours a day at AskKaren.gov <http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=74984377&msgid=1070267&act=3R4N&c=366788&destination=http%3A%2F%2Faskkaren.gov%2F> or via smartphone at m.askkaren.gov <http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=74984377&msgid=1070267&act=3R4N&c=366788&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fm.askkaren.gov%2F> . The toll-free USDA Meat and Poultry Hotline 1-888-MPHotline (1-888-674-6854) is available in English and Spanish and can be reached from l0 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Eastern Time) Monday through Friday. Recorded food safety messages are available 24 hours a day. The online Electronic Consumer Complaint Monitoring System can be accessed 24 hours a day at: http://www.fsis.usda.gov/reportproblem <http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=74984377&msgid=1070267&act=3R4N&c=366788&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fsis.usda.gov%2Freportproblem> .
* We believe that none of the products being recalled were processed or offered through the national office.
* We strongly encourage you to notify your agencies within one business day from receipt of this notice.
* ALL cased and uncased inventories, both at the member level and agency level, need to be checked. This product may have entered member and agency warehouses through salvage, local donations, TEFAP, local purchases, retail pickups, food drives, or other avenues.
* For additional local details, please contact the Health Department(s) for the area(s) your food bank serves.
For full details on the recall, please visit: http://www.fsis.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsis/topics/recalls-and-public-health-alerts/recall-case-archive/archive/2015/recall-141-2015-release
If you have questions, please contact Wayne Melichar, Food Safety Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org <mailto:email@example.com> or 312.629.7263