CALL CONGRESS TODAY!
We need your help again to CALL/EMAIL and TWEET CONGRESS! Please do so TODAY for NATIONAL CALL IN DAY!
This week, the House and Senate are expected to vote on budget resolutions that would attempt to balance the budget in 10 years.
While these resolutions are non-binding, we are concerned that they will be used to draft legislation that would balance the budget on the backs on low-income Americans by cutting the hunger-relief programs that advance our mission.
We believe it is necessary to send a strong message early in this process and let them know that cutting programs that our clients rely on is the wrong way to balance the budget. Help us generate phone calls to the House and Senate with a clear message—protect the programs that help us fight hunger!
Call Congress Today!
Calling Congress is easy. Here’s how:
1. Just dial the Feeding America toll free number, (888) 398-8702, listen to the pre-recorded message and enter your zip code when prompted.
2. Once you are connected to your first Member of Congress, state that you are a constituent, and give your name and the town you are calling from.
Let them know you are calling about the budget and deliver this important message:
3. As your constituent and supporter/employee of God’s Pantry Food Bank, I am calling you today to ask you to vote against any efforts to cut or block-grant hunger-relief programs like SNAP when you consider the budget resolution. SNAP benefits have already been cut twice in the last two years. Our clients rely on these programs, and our food bank will be unable to meet the need in our community if these programs are cut. Please find a more responsible way to balance the budget.
4. Be sure to dial back in with these following zip codes to get in touch with all four representatives in the God’s Pantry Food Bank service area.
5. Complete steps 1-3 for each of the representatives listed above. (make four different phone calls for zip codes: 40511 – Barr, 41503 – Rogers, 41179 – Massie, 40444 – Guthrie)
6. Complete steps 1-3 to leave a message for our SENATORS (Rand Paul and Mitch McConnell).
7. OR EMAIL our representatives and copy and paste the above message!
Andy Barr: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hal Rogers: email@example.com
Brett Guthrie: Ky02guthrie@mail.house.gov
Thomas Massie: Thomas.firstname.lastname@example.org
8. AND TWEET (as often as you want!) our representatives and senators if you have a twitter account! For example: @RepGuthrie on behalf of @GPFoodBank pls vote against any efforts to cut or block-grant hunger-relief programs like SNAP
1. MitchMcConnell: @McConnellPress. Or @SenateMajLdr
2. Rand Paul: @SenRandPaul
3. Andy Barr @RepAndyBarr
4. Brett Guthrie: @RepGuthrie
5. Thomas Massie: @RepThomasMassie
6. Hal Rogers: @RepHalRogers
Together we can solve hunger.