Thomas Star Bakery of Ohio LLC Issues Voluntary Recall on Buns Bread
For Immediate Release
April 14, 2016
Thomas Star Bakery of Ohio
View Product Photos
Thomas Star Bakery of Ohio LLC, is voluntarily recalling Buns Bread, package code (018493109803), which contains undeclared allergens. The bread product contains milk and eggs, known allergens which are not declared on the label.
The product was available at the following retail locations:
• Toledo International Market, Toledo, OH
• Asafo Market, Cincinnati, OH
• Accra International Market, Columbus, OH
• Berekum African Market, Columbus,
• OH Afrique Food Warehouse, Columbus, OH
• A-Life African Market, Columbus, OH
• Adom Universal African Market, Columbus, OH
• Troung Enterprise Inc, Chicago, IL (distribution warehouse)
• Kauro African Market, Indianapolis, IN
• Grace African Market, Indianapolis, IN
• Saraga International Market, Indianapolis, IN
The Buns Bread product was available for purchase between the dates of August 2015 and April 13, 2016. No other Thomas Star Bakery of Ohio products are involved in this recall.
People who are allergic to eggs or milk may run the risk of an allergic reaction if they consume this product. Ohio Department of Agriculture and the company have received no reports of adverse reaction due to consumption of this product. Anyone concerned about an injury or illness should contact a healthcare provider.
The missing allergen information was discovered by the Ohio Department of Agriculture during an inspection of the recalling firm.
Product involved in this recall can be brought to the place of purchase for a refund. Consumers with questions on the recall may contact Thomas Star Bakery of Ohio at (419) 214-0711.
* We believe that none of the products being recalled were processed or offered through the national office.
* We strongly encourage you to notify your agencies within one business day from receipt of this notice.
* ALL cased and uncased inventories, both at the member level and agency level, need to be checked. This product may have entered member and agency warehouses through salvage, local donations, TEFAP, local purchases, retail pickups, food drives, or other avenues.
* For additional local details, please contact the Health Department(s) for the area(s) your food bank serves.
For full details on the recall, please visit: http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm496440.htm?source=govdelivery&utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery