The Noble Spoon Recalls Chicken and Beef Products Produced Without Benefit of Inspection
Class I Recall012-2016
Health Risk: HighJan 30, 2016
Congressional and Public Affairs
Richard J. McIntire
WASHINGTON, Jan. 30, 2016 – The Noble Spoon, a Santa Rosa, Calif. establishment, is recalling approximately 289 pounds of beef and chicken entree products that were produced without the benefit of federal inspection and do not have a federal mark of inspection, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today.
The fresh beef and chicken items were produced on Jan. 27 and Jan. 28, 2016. The following products are subject to recall: [View Labels (PDF Only)]
• 12-oz. sealed plastic trays containing “THE NOBLE SPOON, Chicken Carbonara.”
• 12.5-oz. sealed plastic trays containing “THE NOBLE SPOON, Chicken Picatta.”
• 12.5-oz. sealed plastic trays containing “THE NOBLE SPOON, Meatloaf & Potatoes with bacon and cheddar cheese.”
• 13-oz. sealed plastic trays containing “THE NOBLE SPOON, Spaghetti & Meatballs.”
• 13-oz. sealed plastic trays containing “THE NOBLE SPOON, John Ash Signature Dish, Campanelle Pasta Bolognese.”
• 13-oz. sealed plastic trays containing “THE NOBLE SPOON, John Ash Signature Dish, Mexican Pot Roast.”
• 14.5-oz. sealed plastic trays containing “THE NOBLE SPOON, Chicken Enchiladas.”
• 15-oz. sealed plastic trays containing “THE NOBLE SPOON, Chicken Burrito.”
The products subject to recall did not undergo federal inspection and do not bear an establishment number or USDA mark of inspection. The products subject to recall have the Sell-by dates of “02 03” or “02 04” printed on the back of the packaging. The items were shipped to retail locations in Marin and Sonoma counties in California.
The problem was discovered by FSIS while conducting surveillance activities at retail establishments.
There have been no confirmed reports of adverse reactions due to consumption of these products. Anyone concerned about a reaction should contact a healthcare provider.
Consumers who have purchased these products are urged not to consume them. These products should be thrown away or returned to the place of purchase.
FSIS routinely conducts recall effectiveness checks to verify recalling firms notify their customers of the recall and that steps are taken to make certain that the product is no longer available to consumers. When available, the retail distribution list(s) will be posted on the FSIS website at www.fsis.usda.gov/recalls.
Consumers and media with questions about the recall can contact Charles Lindner, company director of nutrition services, at (707) 525-0143, ext. 131.
Consumers with food safety questions can “Ask Karen,” the FSIS virtual representative available 24 hours a day at AskKaren.gov or via smartphone at m.askkaren.gov. The toll-free USDA Meat and Poultry Hotline 1-888-MPHotline (1-888-674-6854) is available in English and Spanish and can be reached from l0 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Eastern Time) Monday through Friday. Recorded food safety messages are available 24 hours a day. The online Electronic Consumer Complaint Monitoring System can be accessed 24 hours a day at: http://www.fsis.usda.gov/reportproblem.
* We believe that none of the products being recalled were processed or offered through the national office.
* We strongly encourage you to notify your agencies within one business day from receipt of this notice.
* ALL cased and uncased inventories, both at the member level and agency level, need to be checked. This product may have entered member and agency warehouses through salvage, local donations, TEFAP, local purchases, retail pickups, food drives, or other avenues.
* For additional local details, please contact the Health Department(s) for the area(s) your food bank serves.
For full details on the recall, please visit: http://www.fsis.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsis/topics/recalls-and-public-health-alerts/recall-case-archive/archive/2016/recall-012-2016-release
If you have questions, please contact Wayne Melichar, Food Safety Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312.629.7263.