Tasty Toppings Recalls Dorothy Lynch Home Style Dressing
For Immediate Release
May 6, 2016
View Product Photos
Tasty Toppings, Inc. is conducting a voluntary recall of its Dorothy Lynch Home Style Dressing. The product poses no health risks to consumers. Fat Free Dorothy Lynch Dressing is not included in the recall.
Tasty Toppings initiated the recall for products primarily shipped to Colorado, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Nebraska, and South Dakota after confirming a product quality issue with one of its ingredients. The company conducted extensive tests and identified a bacteria (lactobacillus), commonly used in foods such as yogurt as well as probiotics, that forms gas bubbles in bottles, causing the dressing to foam over or spew out when opened.
“We’ve been working to ensure the voluntary recall is being communicated as quickly and effectively as possible,” said Kim Bean, Tasty Topping’s president. “Part of the challenge with this issue is that it’s randomly distributed throughout the affected batch dates, but to be sure, we’re recalling all product bottled within those date ranges. There is no health risk to ingest the affected product, but we’re advising anyone with an affected bottle to return to the store where they bought it for a refund.”
Customers can look at the “Best By” date on the neck of the bottle to determine if it is affected.
Affected “Best By” dates are:
• Home Style 8, 16 or 32 ounce bottles:
o Bottles with “Best By” dates between 9/16/16 and 1/7/17 are recalled.
• Home Style gallons:
o Gallons with “Best By” dates between 6/16/16 and 10/11/16 are recalled.
All sizes of Fat Free dressing are not included in the recall.
“If you already opened a bottle within this date range and nothing happened, that bottle was not affected by the issue,” said Bean. “It’s up to the discretion of those customers to either discard the product or continue use.”
Customers who have experienced any quality issues from an affected bottle, or who have recently purchased a bottle in the affected date range, are encouraged to return to the store for a refund. The recall information will be available on the website at dorothylynch.com and customer service personnel are available Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., to answer questions by phone at 800-228-4148, or by email at email@example.com.
* We believe that none of the products being recalled were processed or offered through the national office.
* We strongly encourage you to notify your agencies within one business day from receipt of this notice.
* ALL cased and uncased inventories, both at the member level and agency level, need to be checked. This product may have entered member and agency warehouses through salvage, local donations, TEFAP, local purchases, retail pickups, food drives, or other avenues.
* For additional local details, please contact the Health Department(s) for the area(s) your food bank serves.
For full details on the recall, please visit: http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm499777.htm?source=govdelivery&utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery