Host a Food Drive
God’s Pantry Food Bank gladly accepts unopened, nonperishable food items from individual donors. Donations can be dropped off at our Lexington warehouse on Monday through Friday 9a-4p, please call 859-288-5333 before coming so we can be sure to have someone ready to accept your donation. If you’re collecting food outside of Fayette County, please visit our agency locator page to connect with one of our partners and donate food locally.
Food Drive donations that are collected in Fayette County, stay in Fayette County. The Food Drive food will go directly to one of our four Lexington pantries to feed Fayette County families in need. We rely on Food Drives to help keep our pantry shelves stocked with a variety of food year round. Please consider a Food Drive as a way to give back to your community during the “off season” January – July.
If you’d like to host a Food Drive and collect non perishable food donations to benefit God’s Pantry Food Bank please take the following steps.
For Food Drives collecting 100-800 cans or items, we encourage the following:
- Check our most wanted items and download our Food Bank logo and Food Drive poster for use as promotion for your Food Drive
- Utilize paper ream boxes to collect food in OR, stop by our warehouse in Lexington to pick up a collapsible Food Drive donation box complete with our Food Bank logo
- Need ideas on how to get the most out of your Food Drive and encourage donations? Download our coordinator guides here and here.
- Email email@example.com and let us know you are hosting a Food Drive in our name, please include name, contact information and dates of your Food Drive.
- Drop off your donation to our warehouse M-F 9a-4p by calling 859-288-5333 and scheduling a drop off time.
- If your small Food Drive turned into a huge success, give us a call (859-288-5323) to see if we can arrange a food donation pick up on our next Tuesday or Thursday truck schedule.
For large Food Drives (collecting 1,000lbs or, 3 full blue barrels worth of food, approx. 800+ cans):
- Review our most wanted items.
- If your Food Drive will be collecting 3 blue barrels full of food (or at least 1,000 pounds) we offer complimentary barrel delivery and pickup on most Tuesdays and Thursdays, should you need this service, please fill out the Food Drive registration form, below.
- Download our Food Drive coordinator guides and suggestions for making your Food Drive a TOTAL success
LARGE FOOD DRIVE REGISTRATION FORM:
Once you click “submit” above, the form will go blank and we will have received your request.
After signing up, you will receive a confirmation email within 48 business hours. If you do NOT receive a contact email please alert us so that we can confirm your Food Drive, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org