When a company announces a recall, market withdrawal, or safety alert, the FDA posts the company’s announcement as a public service. FDA does not endorse either the product or the company.
Stop & Shop Alerts Customers to Voluntary Recall of Store Brand Frozen Whole Kernel Sweet Corn
For Immediate Release
November 15, 2017
Stop & Shop Customer Service
The Stop & Shop Supermarket Company LLC announced it removed from sale Stop & Shop Brand Frozen Whole Kernel Sweet Corn due to potential Listeria monocytogenes contamination.
The following product is included in this recall:
- Stop & Shop Brand Frozen Whole Kernel Sweet Corn, 16 oz., UPC 68826700676 with a Best By Date of Oct-2019
Stop & Shop has received no reports of illnesses to date. Listeria is a common organism found in nature. Consumption of food contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes can cause listeriosis, an uncommon but potentially fatal disease. Healthy people rarely contract listeriosis. However, listeriosis can cause high fever, severe headache, neck stiffness and nausea. Listeriosis can also cause miscarriages and stillbirths, as well as serious and sometimes fatal infections in those with weakened immune systems, such as infants, the elderly and persons with HIV infection or undergoing chemotherapy.
Customers who have purchased this product should discard any unused portions and bring their purchase receipt to Stop & Shop for a full refund.
Consumers looking for additional information on the recall may call Bonduelle at 877-990-2662. In addition, customers may call Stop & Shop Customer Service at 800-767-7772 for more information. Customers can also visit the Stop & Shop website at stopandshop.com.
* We believe that none of the product being recalled were processed or offered through the national office.
* We strongly encourage you to notify your agencies within one business day from receipt of this notice.
* ALL cased and uncased inventories, both at the member level and agency level, need to be checked. This product may have entered member and agency warehouses through salvage, local donations, TEFAP, local purchases, retail pickups, food drives, or other avenues.
* For additional local details, please contact the Health Department(s) for the area(s) your food bank serves.
For full details on the recall, please visit: https://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm585550.htm?utm_campaign=Stop%20%26%20Shop%20Alerts%20Customers%20to%20Voluntary%20Recall%20of%20Store%20Brand%20Frozen%20Whole%20Kernel%20Sweet%20Corn&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Eloqua