Sid Wainer and Son Recalls Domaine de Provence La Cucina Tart Shells and Domaine de Provence Neutral 3″ Cone Tart Shells Due to Undeclared Allergens, With 0 Comments, Category: Recalls,
Sid Wainer and Son Recalls Domaine de Provence La Cucina Tart Shells and Domaine de Provence Neutral 3″ Cone Tart Shells Due to Undeclared Allergens
For Immediate Release
May 27, 2016
Sid Wainer & Son
1-800-423-8333, x168 or x119
View Product Photos
Sid Wainer & Son of New Bedford, MA is voluntarily recalling Domaine de Provence La Cucina Tart Shells and Domaine de Provence Neutral 3” Cone Tart Shells due to undeclared allergens. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to Tree Nuts, specifically Coconut and Eggs run the risk of a serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products. The product is safe for consumption by those who do not have Coconut or Egg allergy.
The product is packaged in a brown cardboard box labeled as:
• Domaine de Provence La Cucina Tart Shells, 252 pieces per box containing undeclared Eggs with UPC 708152149119
• Domaine de Provence Neutral 3” Cone Tart Shells, 308 pieces per box containing undeclared Coconut UPC 708152316856
Both tarts were distributed Nationwide to Food service establishments.
No illnesses have been reported to date in connection with this problem.
The private manufacturer for Sid Wainer and Son discovered an ingredient change that consisted of an allergen that was not declared on the labels.
Consumers who have purchased the above mentioned products are urged to return them to the place of purchase or dispose of the products. Consumers with questions may contact the company at 1-800-423-8333 at extension 168 or 119 between the hours of 9:00 am and 5:00 pm.
This recall is being initiated with the knowledge of the Food and Drug Administration.
* We believe that none of the products being recalled were processed or offered through the national office.
* We strongly encourage you to notify your agencies within one business day from receipt of this notice.
* ALL cased and uncased inventories, both at the member level and agency level, need to be checked. This product may have entered member and agency warehouses through salvage, local donations, TEFAP, local purchases, retail pickups, food drives, or other avenues.
* For additional local details, please contact the Health Department(s) for the area(s) your food bank serves.
For full details on the recall, please visit: http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm504003.htm?source=govdelivery&utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery