Recall: Roland Foods, LLC, Initiates A Voluntary Recall of Roland® Preserved Lemons Due to Undeclared Sulfites in Product, With 0 Comments, Category: Recalls,
Roland Foods, LLC, Initiates A Voluntary Recall of Roland® Preserved Lemons Due to Undeclared Sulfites in Product
For Immediate Release
October 11, 2016
1-800-221-4030 ext. 222
New York, NY – Roland Foods, LLC in cooperation with the manufacturer in Morocco, is voluntarily recalling specific lots of Roland® Preserved Lemons due to undeclared sulfites in the product. People who have a severe sensitivity to sulfites run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume this product.
The affected lots of Roland® Preserved Lemons were distributed nationwide and to Canada to food distributors, food service customers, and super market chains for further distribution or use.
The following product is subject to the voluntary recall:
- Product: Roland® Preserved Lemons
• Lot #: 20
• Item #: 61002 (on case label)
• UPC #: Item UPC 4122461002 andCase UPC 10041224610023
• Pack Size: NET WT. 12.35 OZ.; 12 glass jars per case
• Production Codes: DA: 169Z P: 0618 (ink jet printed on the jar lid)
• Product: Roland® PRESERVED LEMONS – BELDI
• Lot #: 21
• Item #: 61002 (on case label)
• UPC #: Item UPC 4122461002 and Case UPC 10041224610023
• Pack Size: NET WT. 13 OZ.; 12 glass jars per case
• Production Code: P: Q0303 (ink jet printed on the jar lid);
No other lots of Roland® Preserved Lemons are affected by this voluntary recall.
No illnesses have been reported to date.
The recall was initiated after the firm received a notification from the New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets that the product containing sulfites was distributed in packaging that did not reveal the presence of sulfites. Subsequent testing conducted by a private laboratory confirmed the presence of sulfites in the product. Roland Foods has notified the foreign manufacturer of the findings in order to conduct an investigation as to what caused the problem.
Consumers who have a sensitivity to sulfites and had purchased the affected Roland Preserved Lemons are urged not to consume the product and to return it to the place of purchase. Consumers can visit www.rolandfood.com, or contact its Consumer Hotline at 1-800-221-4030 ext. 222, Monday – Friday, 9 am -5 pm EST, for further information about the voluntary recall and for instructions on obtaining replacement product.
* We believe that none of the products being recalled were processed or offered through the national office.
* We strongly encourage you to notify your agencies within one business day from receipt of this notice.
* ALL cased and uncased inventories, both at the member level and agency level, need to be checked. This product may have entered member and agency warehouses through salvage, local donations, TEFAP, local purchases, retail pickups, food drives, or other avenues.
* For additional local details, please contact the Health Department(s) for the area(s) your food bank serves.
For full details on the recall, please visit:http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm524829.htm?source=govdelivery&utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery