When a company announces a recall, market withdrawal, or safety alert, the FDA posts the company’s announcement as a public service. FDA does not endorse either the product or the company.
Voluntary Class II Recall of Chocolate Hazelnut Butter CLIF® Nut Butter Filled
For Immediate Release
November 18, 2016
Clif Bar & Company is initiating a voluntary Class II recall of one production run of Chocolate Hazelnut Butter CLIF® Nut Butter Filled energy bars due to the presence of small plastic pieces found in a limited number of bars sold in the U.S. Clif Bar has not received any reports of injuries as a result of the plastic; however, the company is initiating the voluntary recall out of an abundance of caution.
Only product meeting the following criteria is affected:
- Individual bars of Chocolate Hazelnut Butter CLIF® Nut Butter Filled energy bars with “best by” dates of 10JUN17N4 or 11JUN17N4
- 12-count caddies of Chocolate Hazelnut Butter CLIF® Nut Butter Filled energy bars with “best by” dates of 10JUN17N4 or 11JUN17N4; and
a. Bar: 7-22252-26800-6
b. 12-count Caddy: 7-22252-36800-3
c. Case: 00722252-56800-7
No other CLIF® Nut Butter Filled energy bar products, pack sizes, configurations, or flavors are affected.
The company is asking consumers to return product to the store where purchased to request an exchange or full refund. Affected product should then be discarded and not consumed.
Consumers with questions may contact 1-866-967-9776, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. PST, Monday-Friday.
* We believe that none of the products being recalled were processed or offered through the national office.
* We strongly encourage you to notify your agencies within one business day from receipt of this notice.
* ALL cased and uncased inventories, both at the member level and agency level, need to be checked. This product may have entered member and agency warehouses through salvage, local donations, TEFAP, local purchases, retail pickups, food drives, or other avenues.
* For additional local details, please contact the Health Department(s) for the area(s) your food bank serves.
For full details on the recall, please visit: http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm532021.htm?source=govdelivery&utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery