Recall Notice: Texas Natural Meats Recalls Beef Products Due To Possible Specified Risk Materials Contamination, With 0 Comments, Category: Recalls,
Texas Natural Meats Recalls Beef Products Due To Possible Specified Risk Materials Contamination
Class II Recall 122-2017
Health Risk: Low Nov 15, 2017
Congressional and Public Affairs
WASHINGTON, Nov. 15, 2017 – Texas Natural Meats, a Lott, Texas establishment, is recalling approximately 116 pounds of beef tongue products that may be contaminated with specified risk materials (SRMs), the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today.
The raw intact beef tongue items were produced on various dates between April 1, 2016 and Nov. 11, 2017. The following products are subject to recall: [View Label (PDF Only)]
- 1.72-lb. cryovac packages of frozen “Beef Tongue”.
The products subject to recall bear establishment number “EST. 34449” inside the USDA mark of inspection. These items were shipped to product owners and further distributed in Texas.
The problem was discovered on Nov. 15, 2017 by FSIS, while conducting inspection verification activities.
There have been no confirmed reports of adverse reactions due to consumption of these products. Anyone concerned about an injury or illness should contact a healthcare provider.
Consumers who have purchased these products are urged not to consume them. These products should be thrown away or returned to the place of purchase.
FSIS routinely conducts recall effectiveness checks to verify recalling firms notify their customers of the recall and that steps are taken to make certain that the product is no longer available to consumers.
Consumers and media with questions about the recall can contact C.W. Whorton, Plant Manager, at (254) 584-0115.
Consumers with food safety questions can “Ask Karen,” the FSIS virtual representative available 24 hours a day at AskKaren.gov or via smartphone at m.askkaren.gov. The toll-free USDA Meat and Poultry Hotline 1-888-MPHotline (1-888-674-6854) is available in English and Spanish and can be reached from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Eastern Time) Monday through Friday. Recorded food safety messages are available 24 hours a day. The online Electronic Consumer Complaint Monitoring System can be accessed 24 hours a day at: http://www.fsis.usda.gov/reportproblem.
* We believe that none of the product being recalled were processed or offered through the national office.
* We strongly encourage you to notify your agencies within one business day from receipt of this notice.
* ALL cased and uncased inventories, both at the member level and agency level, need to be checked. This product may have entered member and agency warehouses through salvage, local donations, TEFAP, local purchases, retail pickups, food drives, or other avenues.
* For additional local details, please contact the Health Department(s) for the area(s) your food bank serves.
For full details on the recall, please visit: https://origin-www.fsis.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsis/topics/recalls-and-public-health-alerts/recall-case-archive/archive/2017/recall-122-2017-release