Recall Notice: Ruiz Food Products, Inc. Recalls Beef and Cheese Tortilla Products Due to Possible Foreign Matter Contamination, With 0 Comments, Category: Recalls,
Ruiz Food Products, Inc. Recalls Beef and Cheese Tortilla Products Due to Possible Foreign Matter Contamination
Class II Recall 119-2016
Health Risk: Low Dec 21, 2016
Congressional and Public Affairs
Nina Anand (202) 720-9113
WASHINGTON, Dec. 21, 2016 – Ruiz Food Products, Inc., a Denison, Texas establishment, is recalling approximately 23,544 pounds of beef and cheese tortilla products that may be contaminated with extraneous materials, specifically brittle clear plastic, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today.
The beef and cheese tortilla products were produced on Nov. 18, 2016. The following products are subject to recall: [View Label (PDF only)]
- 4.5-lb. cases containing 24 pieces of “RANCHERO COOKED BEEF & CHEESE WRAPPED IN A BATTERED FLOUR TORTILLA,” with a production date of “16 323” and a product code of “86-390.”
The products subject to recall bear establishment number “EST. 17523A” inside the USDA mark of inspection. These items were shipped to institutions in Arkansas, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Wisconsin.
The problem was discovered after the firm received consumer complaints.
There have been no confirmed reports of injury or adverse reactions due to consumption of these products. Anyone concerned about an injury or illness should contact a healthcare provider.
Consumers who have purchased these products are urged not to consume them. These products should be thrown away or returned to the place of purchase.
FSIS routinely conducts recall effectiveness checks to verify recalling firms notify their customers of the recall and that steps are taken to make certain that the product is no longer available to consumers.
Consumers with questions about the recall can contact the Ruiz Foods Consumer Specialist, at (800) 772-6474. Media with questions about the recall can contact Pat Summers, Head of Public Relations, at (559) 285-1100.
Consumers with food safety questions can “Ask Karen,” the FSIS virtual representative available 24 hours a day at AskKaren.gov or via smartphone at m.askkaren.gov. The toll-free USDA Meat and Poultry Hotline 1-888-MPHotline (1-888-674-6854) is available in English and Spanish and can be reached from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Eastern Time) Monday through Friday. Recorded food safety messages are available 24 hours a day. The online Electronic Consumer Complaint Monitoring System can be accessed 24 hours a day at: http://www.fsis.usda.gov/reportproblem.
* We believe that none of the products being recalled were processed or offered through the national office.
* We strongly encourage you to notify your agencies within one business day from receipt of this notice.
* ALL cased and uncased inventories, both at the member level and agency level, need to be checked. This product may have entered member and agency warehouses through salvage, local donations, TEFAP, local purchases, retail pickups, food drives, or other avenues.
* For additional local details, please contact the Health Department(s) for the area(s) your food bank serves.
For full details on the recall, please visit: https://www.fsis.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsis/topics/recalls-and-public-health-alerts/recall-case-archive/archive/2016/recall-119-2016-release