Recall Notice: Request Foods, Inc. Issues Allergy Alert On Undeclared Eggs In GFS® Brand Cheese Manicotti, With 0 Comments, Category: Recalls,
When a company announces a recall, market withdrawal, or safety alert, the FDA posts the company’s announcement as a public service. FDA does not endorse either the product or the company.
Request Foods, Inc. Issues Allergy Alert On Undeclared Eggs In GFS® Brand Cheese Manicotti
For Immediate Release
November 17, 2016
Holland, MI – Request Foods, Inc. is recalling certain 68 oz. (4 LB 4 OZ) pans of GFS® Cheese Manicotti because the product inside may be Chicken Cannelloni, which contains egg allergen. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to egg run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume this product.
The recalled Cheese Manicotti was distributed by Gordon Food Service to retail stores, restaurants and other foodservice operators in FL, IL, IN, KS, KY, MI, MO, OH, PA, TN, WI and WV. The pans are labeled as Cheese Manicotti but may have the Chicken Cannelloni product inside the pan. These mislabeled pans were distributed in cases/boxes marked as GFS® Chicken Cannelloni.
The recalled products include:
- Individual TIN PANS of GFS® Cheese Manicotti with Julian lot code 15268
- CASES of GFS® Chicken Cannelloni with Julian lot code 15268
Only products with lot code 15268 are subject to this recall. No other lot codes or products are included in this recall. The lot code can be found on the long side of the tin pan and the long side of the case.
No illnesses have been reported to date in connection with this issue.
The recall was initiated after a consumer reported that a pan labeled Cheese Manicotti instead contained Chicken Cannelloni.
Consumers who have sensitivity to eggs and have purchased affected product with lot code 15268 should not consume the products and return it to the place of purchase for a full refund. Consumers with questions may contact Request Foods at 1-800-748-0378. The consumer lines are open Monday through Friday, 7:00 am to 5:00 pm
* We believe that none of the products being recalled were processed or offered through the national office.
* We strongly encourage you to notify your agencies within one business day from receipt of this notice.
* ALL cased and uncased inventories, both at the member level and agency level, need to be checked. This product may have entered member and agency warehouses through salvage, local donations, TEFAP, local purchases, retail pickups, food drives, or other avenues.
* For additional local details, please contact the Health Department(s) for the area(s) your food bank serves.
For full details on the recall, please visit: http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm529857.htm?source=govdelivery&utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery