OFD Food, LLC. Recalls Beef Products Due to Possible Foreign Matter Contamination
Class I Recall 070-2017
Health Risk: High Jun 13, 2017
Congressional and Public Affairs
Gabrielle N. Johnston
WASHINGTON, June 13, 2017 – OFD Foods, LLC., an Albany, Ore. establishment, is recalling approximately 197 pounds of beef product that may be contaminated with extraneous materials, specifically rubber, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today.
The beef hash item was produced on Dec. 22, 2016. The following product is subject to recall: [View Labels (PDF Only)]
- 3.88-oz. pouch of “MOUNTAIN HOUSE FREEZE DRIED SPICY SOUTHWEST BREAKFAST HASH,” with pouch code 3253174 and best by date of Dec. 2046.
The product subject to recall bears establishment number “EST. 1394” inside the USDA mark of inspection. This item was shipped to retail locations nationwide and sold directly to consumers through internet sales.
The problem was discovered when a firm employee reported finding pieces of rubber in the product on June 12, 2017.
There have been no confirmed reports of adverse reactions due to consumption of these products. Anyone concerned about an injury or illness should contact a healthcare provider.
Consumers who have purchased this product are urged not to consume it. This product should be thrown away or returned to the place of purchase.
FSIS routinely conducts recall effectiveness checks to verify recalling firms notify their customers of the recall and that steps are taken to make certain that the product is no longer available to consumers. When available, the retail distribution list(s) will be posted on the FSIS website at www.fsis.usda.gov/recalls.
Consumers with questions about the recall can contact OFD’s Customer Service Center at 1-800-547-0244. Media with questions about the recall can contact Becky Boyer, Assistant to the President, at (541) 967-6525
* We believe that none of the product being recalled were processed or offered through the national office.
* We strongly encourage you to notify your agencies within one business day from receipt of this notice.
* ALL cased and uncased inventories, both at the member level and agency level, need to be checked. This product may have entered member and agency warehouses through salvage, local donations, TEFAP, local purchases, retail pickups, food drives, or other avenues.
* For additional local details, please contact the Health Department(s) for the area(s) your food bank serves.
For full details on the recall, please visit: https://www.fsis.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsis/topics/recalls-and-public-health-alerts/recall-case-archive/archive/2017/recall-070-2017-release