Recall Notice: National Steak and Poultry Recalls Food Service Ready-To-Eat Chicken That May Be Undercooked, With 0 Comments, Category: Recalls,
National Steak and Poultry Recalls Food Service Ready-To-Eat Chicken That May Be Undercooked
Class I Recall 115-2016
Health Risk: High Nov 23, 2016
Congressional and Public Affairs
WASHINGTON, Nov. 23, 2016 – National Steak and Poultry, an Owasso, Okla., establishment, is recalling approximately 17,439 pounds of ready-to-eat chicken products due to adulteration because of possible undercooking, resulting in the potential survival of bacterial pathogens in the products, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today.
The ready-to-eat chicken products were produced Oct. 4, 2016. The products were packaged on Oct. 4 and Oct. 5, 2016. The following products are subject to recall: [View Labels (PDF Only)]
- 5 lb. bags packed 2 bags per case; product labeled “Distributed by National Steak and Poultry, Owasso, OK Fully Cooked, Diced, Grilled Boneless Chicken Breast Meat with Rib Meat” with Lot code 100416, and Case Code: 70020.
- 5 lb. bags packed 2 bags per case; product labeled “Hormel Natural Choice 100% Natural No Preservatives Fully Cooked Roasted Chicken Breast Strips with Rib Meat Natural Smoke Flavor Added” with Lot code 100416, and Case code 702113.
The cases containing the products subject to recall bear establishment number “P-6010T” inside the USDA mark of inspection. These items were shipped to food service locations nationwide and should not be in consumers’ possession. No other Hormel product is impacted.
The problem was discovered on Nov. 14, 2016, when a food service customer complained to the establishment that product appeared to be undercooked.
There have been no confirmed reports of adverse health effects or illnesses due to consumption of these products. Anyone concerned about a health effect should contact a healthcare provider.
FSIS routinely conducts recall effectiveness checks to verify recalling firms notify their customers of the recall and that steps are taken to make certain that the product is no longer available to consumers. When available, the retail distribution list(s) will be posted on the FSIS website at www.fsis.usda.gov/recalls.
Consumers or media with questions about the recall can contact Mike Wilson, President, at (918) 274-8787
* We believe that none of the products being recalled were processed or offered through the national office.
* We strongly encourage you to notify your agencies within one business day from receipt of this notice.
* ALL cased and uncased inventories, both at the member level and agency level, need to be checked. This product may have entered member and agency warehouses through salvage, local donations, TEFAP, local purchases, retail pickups, food drives, or other avenues.
* For additional local details, please contact the Health Department(s) for the area(s) your food bank serves.
For full details on the recall, please visit: http://www.fsis.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsis/topics/recalls-and-public-health-alerts/recall-case-archive/archive/2016/recall-115-2016-release