Recall Notice: CC Kitchens LLC Recalls Meat and Poultry Products Produced Without Benefit of Inspection, With 0 Comments, Category: Recalls,
CC Kitchens LLC Recalls Meat and Poultry Products Produced Without Benefit of Inspection
Class I Recall 117-2017
Health Risk: High Nov 2, 2017
Congressional and Public Affairs
WASHINGTON, Nov. 2, 2017 – CC Kitchens LLC, a Cincinnati, Ohio establishment, is recalling approximately 269 pounds of meat and poultry products that were produced without the benefit of federal inspection and outside inspection hours, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today.
The ready-to-eat (RTE) meat and poultry items were produced on Nov. 1, 2017. The following products are subject to recall: [View Labels]
- 10-oz. clamshell packages containing “Chicken Caesar Salad” with a “Sell By: 11/6/2017” date and case code 71003.
- 8.1-oz. clamshell packages containing “Italian Style Pinwheels Contains: Salami, Pepperoni, Ham” with a “Sell By: 11/6/2017” date and case code 73015.
- 42.5-oz. tray containing “Meat & Cheese Tray Contains: Turkey, Ham” with a “Sell By: 11/6/2017” date and case code 72001.
- 13.5-oz. clamshell packages containing “Turkey & Bacon Cobb Wrap” with a “Sell By: 11/6/2017” date and case code 73021.
The products subject to recall bear establishment number “EST. 45676” inside the USDA mark of inspection. These items were shipped to retail locations in Ohio.
The problem was discovered on Nov. 2, 2017 by FSIS inspection program personnel while performing inspection duties.
There have been no confirmed reports of adverse reactions due to consumption of these products. Anyone concerned about a reaction should contact a healthcare provider.
Consumers who have purchased these products are urged not to consume them. These products should be thrown away or returned to the place of purchase.
FSIS routinely conducts recall effectiveness checks to verify recalling firms notify their customers of the recall and that steps are taken to make certain that the product is no longer available to consumers. When available, the retail distribution list(s) will be posted on the FSIS website at www.fsis.usda.gov/recalls.
Consumers with questions about the recall can contact CC Kitchen’s Consumer Hotline, at (513) 956-0070. Media with questions about the recall can contact Melissa Wideman, Vice President of Community Relations, at (513) 651-0206.
Consumers with food safety questions can “Ask Karen,” the FSIS virtual representative available 24 hours a day at AskKaren.gov or via smartphone at m.askkaren.gov. The toll-free USDA Meat and Poultry Hotline 1-888-MPHotline (1-888-674-6854) is available in English and Spanish and can be reached from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Eastern Time) Monday through Friday. Recorded food safety messages are available 24 hours a day. The online Electronic Consumer Complaint Monitoring System can be accessed 24 hours a day at: http://www.fsis.usda.gov/reportproblem.
* We believe that none of the product being recalled were processed or offered through the national office.
* We strongly encourage you to notify your agencies within one business day from receipt of this notice.
* ALL cased and uncased inventories, both at the member level and agency level, need to be checked. This product may have entered member and agency warehouses through salvage, local donations, TEFAP, local purchases, retail pickups, food drives, or other avenues.
* For additional local details, please contact the Health Department(s) for the area(s) your food bank serves.
For full details on the recall, please visit: https://www.fsis.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsis/topics/recalls-and-public-health-alerts/recall-case-archive/archive/2017/recall-117-2017-release