Recall Notice: American Roland Food Corp. Initiates A Recall Of Roland® Manzanilla Olives Stuffed With Anchovies Due To Product Quality Issue, With 0 Comments, Category: Recalls,
When a company announces a recall, market withdrawal, or safety alert, the FDA posts the company’s announcement as a public service. FDA does not endorse either the product or the company.
American Roland Food Corp. Initiates A Recall Of Roland® Manzanilla Olives Stuffed With Anchovies Due To Product Quality Issue
For Immediate Release
December 27, 2016
Roland Consumer Hotline
1-800.221.4030 ext. 222
New York, NY – American Roland Food Corp., in cooperation with the manufacturer in Spain, is initiating a recall of one lot of Roland® Manzanilla Olives Stuffed with Anchovies, due to a product quality issue that may pose a potential health hazard to those who consume the product.
This lot of Roland® Manzanilla Olives Stuffed with Anchovies was distributed nationwide and internationally to food distributors, food service customers, grocery chains, and other retail locations for further distribution or use.
The following product is subject to the recall:
- Product: Roland® Manzanilla Olives Stuffed with Anchovies
- Item #: 71402
- Lot #: 95
- UPC #: item UPC 41224714021 and case UPC 10041224714028
- Pack Size: 1×12/3.0 OZ.
- Country of Origin: Spain
- Reason for Recall: Product Quality
- Production Codes (Code is ink jet printed on top of can): P:1201 and P1130
- Carton Markings:
- ITEM 71402
- LOT : 95
- Product Name: ROLAND® OLIVES STUFFED W/ANCHOVIES
- Item UPC 41224714021
- Case UPC 10041224714028
No other Roland® Manzanilla Olives Stuffed with Anchovies products are affected by the recall.
No illnesses have been reported to date.
The recall was initiated after the company received a notification from the FDA. The company has notified the manufacturer of the findings in order to conduct a joint investigation as to what caused the problem.
Consumers can visit www.rolandfood.com, or contact its Consumer Hotline at 1-800.221.4030 ext. 222, Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm EST, for further information about the recall and for instructions on obtaining replacement product.
* We believe that none of the products being recalled were processed or offered through the national office.
* We strongly encourage you to notify your agencies within one business day from receipt of this notice.
* ALL cased and uncased inventories, both at the member level and agency level, need to be checked. This product may have entered member and agency warehouses through salvage, local donations, TEFAP, local purchases, retail pickups, food drives, or other avenues.
* For additional local details, please contact the Health Department(s) for the area(s) your food bank serves.
For full details on the recall, please visit: http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm534829.htm?source=govdelivery&utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery