Probar LLC Recalls Probar Base® Frosted Peanut Butter Bars Due to Possible Presence of Undeclared Milk Allergen, With 0 Comments, Category: Recalls,
Probar LLC Recalls Probar Base® Frosted Peanut Butter Bars Due to Possible Presence of Undeclared Milk Allergen
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE — January 26, 2015 — PROBAR LLC of Salt Lake City, UT has initiated a voluntary recall of its PROBAR Base® Frosted Peanut Butter Bars due to the possible presence of an undeclared milk allergen. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to milk run the risk of a serious allergic reaction if they consume this product. No other PROBAR® products are affected.
This voluntary recall only involves Frosted Peanut Butter flavored PROBAR Base® Bars in 2.46 oz. packages distributed nationwide to retail stores and online. PROBAR® is voluntarily recalling three lots that may contain the allergen:
Product Lot Codes Beginning with: Expiration Date Unit UPC 12 Count Box UPC
Frosted Peanut Butter PROBAR Base 24289 EXP# 01/16/2016 8-53152-10060-5 8-53152-10061-2
Frosted Peanut Butter PROBAR Base 24188 EXP# 10/07/2015 8-53152-10060-5 8-53152-10061-2
Frosted Peanut Butter PROBAR Base 24160 EXP# 09/09/2015 8-53152-10060-5 8-53152-10061-2
To locate the Lot Codes:
• Individual unit Lot Code and Expiration Date: printed on the outer seal of the wrapper
• 12-unit case Lot Code and Expiration Date: printed outside of the box
Retailers and distributors have been notified to remove the product from store shelves.
The highest priority of PROBAR® is the safety and quality of its products. PROBAR® is working in close cooperation with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to fully resolve this issue. There have been two consumer complaints of allergic reactions to date. These complaints prompted the recall.
Consumers can call 1-800-921-2294, Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. MT, or email [email protected] more information and how to return the product for a full refund.
* We believe that none of the products being recalled were processed or offered through the national office.
* We strongly encourage you to notify your agencies within one business day from receipt of this notice.
* ALL cased and uncased inventories, both at the member level and agency level, need to be checked. This product may have entered member and agency warehouses through salvage, local donations, TEFAP, local purchases, retail pickups, food drives, or other avenues.
* For additional local details, please contact the Health Department(s) for the area(s) your food bank serves.
For full details on the recall, please visit: http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm431832.htm?source=govdelivery&utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery
If you have questions, please contact Wayne Melichar, Food Safety Manager, at [email protected] or 312.629.7263.