Pita Pal Foods, LP Recalls Corn Relish Salad, Texas Caviar Salad, Mediterranean 3 Bean Salad And Chipotle Quinoa Salad Because Of Possible Health Risk, With 0 Comments, Category: Recalls,
Pita Pal Foods, LP Recalls Corn Relish Salad, Texas Caviar Salad, Mediterranean 3 Bean Salad And Chipotle Quinoa Salad Because Of Possible Health Risk
For Immediate Release
May 5, 2016
Pita Pal Foods, LP
Pita Pal Foods, LP of Houston, Texas is recalling Corn Relish Salad, Texas Caviar Salad, Mediterranean 3 Bean Salad and Chipotle Quinoa Salad because it has the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Although healthy individuals may suffer only short-term symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea, Listeria monocytogenes infection can cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women.
The potential affected products was distributed in eight states including California, Florida, Georgia, Minnesota, New York, Oklahoma, Texas and Wisconsin. Products reached consumers through retail stores and food service distributors.
Specific products included in the Voluntary Recall include the following products with Expiration Dates or Use/ Freeze by Dates through June 13, 2016. Products meeting this description or date criteria should be destroyed by the retailer/distributer. All products involved are packaged in plastic containers with snap on lids.
• 2/5lbs Food Service Pita Pal Corn Relish Salad
• 2/4lbs Food Service Pita Pal Mediterranean 3 Bean Salad
• 2/4.5lbs Food Service Pita Pal Texas Caviar
• 8oz Pita Pal Texas Caviar
• 8oz Pita Pal Mediterranean 3 Bean Salad
• 24oz Pita Pal Mediterranean 3 Bean Salad
• 28oz Pita Pal Chipotle Quinoa Salad
No illnesses have been reported to date from Pita Pal Foods, LP salads. This recall is in direct response to information received from CRF Frozen Foods, an ingredient supplier to Pita Pal Foods, LP of frozen corn. CRF Frozen Foods initiated a voluntary recall on a specific lot of corn that Pita Pal Foods, LP purchased from the supplier and it was used in the manufacturing of the salads listed above. Pita Pal Foods, LP has destroyed the specific product lot of corn in question. In addition all customers and distributors affiliated with Pita Pal Foods, LP have been notified and instructed to destroy any product that could potentially be affected.
Consumers that have any of the above products on hand should return them to the retailer where the product was purchased for a refund. Consumers with questions may contact the Pita Pal Foods, LP at 713-777-7482, Monday – Friday between the hours of 9:00 am and 4:00 pm CST.
* We believe that none of the products being recalled were processed or offered through the national office.
* We strongly encourage you to notify your agencies within one business day from receipt of this notice.
* ALL cased and uncased inventories, both at the member level and agency level, need to be checked. This product may have entered member and agency warehouses through salvage, local donations, TEFAP, local purchases, retail pickups, food drives, or other avenues.
* For additional local details, please contact the Health Department(s) for the area(s) your food bank serves.
For full details on the recall, please visit: http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm499568.htm?source=govdelivery&utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery