Perdue Foods LLC, Recalls Chicken Nugget Products Due To Possible Foreign Matter Contamination
Class I Recall023-2016
Health Risk: HighMar 5, 2016
Distribution List PDF
Congressional and Public Affairs
WASHINGTON, March 5, 2016 – Perdue Foods LLC, a Gainesville, Ga. establishment, is recalling approximately 4,530 pounds of chicken nugget products (produced for Applegate Farms) that may be contaminated with extraneous plastic materials, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today.
The Applegate Naturals Chicken Nuggets were produced on Sept. 28, 2015. The following products are subject to recall: [View Label (PDF Only)]
• 8-oz. boxed packages containing approximately 18 pieces of “Applegate Naturals Chicken Nuggets” with Best Before Date 09/27/2016.
The products subject to recall bear establishment number “P-2617” inside the USDA mark of inspection. These items were shipped to retail distribution centers in Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, New York, and Texas.
The problem was discovered when the establishment received consumer complaints of small, solid, clear plastic inside the Applegate Naturals Chicken Nuggets.
There have been no confirmed reports of adverse reactions due to consumption of these products. Anyone concerned about an injury or illness should contact a healthcare provider.
Consumers who have purchased these products are urged not to consume them. These products should be thrown away or returned to the place of purchase.
FSIS routinely conducts recall effectiveness checks to verify recalling firms notify their customers of the recall and that steps are taken to make certain that the product is no longer available to consumers. When available, the retail distribution list(s) will be posted on the FSIS website at www.fsis.usda.gov/recalls.
Consumers and media with questions about the recall can contact Applegate Consumer Relations, at 1-866-587-5858.
Consumers with food safety questions can “Ask Karen,” the FSIS virtual representative available 24 hours a day at AskKaren.gov or via smartphone at m.askkaren.gov. The toll-free USDA Meat and Poultry Hotline 1-888-MPHotline (1-888-674-6854) is available in English and Spanish and can be reached from l0 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Eastern Time) Monday through Friday. Recorded food safety messages are available 24 hours a day. The online Electronic Consumer Complaint Monitoring System can be accessed 24 hours a day at: http://www.fsis.usda.gov/reportproblem.
* We believe that none of the products being recalled were processed or offered through the national office.
* We strongly encourage you to notify your agencies within one business day from receipt of this notice.
* ALL cased and uncased inventories, both at the member level and agency level, need to be checked. This product may have entered member and agency warehouses through salvage, local donations, TEFAP, local purchases, retail pickups, food drives, or other avenues.
* For additional local details, please contact the Health Department(s) for the area(s) your food bank serves.
For full details on the recall, please visit: http://www.fsis.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsis/topics/recalls-and-public-health-alerts/recall-case-archive/archive/2016/recall-023-2016-release