Peking Food LLC Issues Allergy Alert For Undeclared Egg in Assorted Chef Hon Brand Steamed Buns
For Immediate Release
February 18, 2016
Peking Food LLC
View Product Photos
PEKING FOOD LLC of BROOKLYN, NY, is recalling Chef Hon brand STEAMED BUNS WITH SEAFOOD & VEGETABLE and STEAMED BUNS WITH SEAFOOD MARINATED IN XO-SAUCE, because they contain undeclared eggs. People who have an allergy to eggs run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.
Chef Hon brand STEAMED BUNS WITH SEAFOOD & VEGETABLE and STEAMED BUNS WITH SEAFOOD MARINATED IN XO-SAUCE were distributed to retail stores in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Kentucky, Ohio, Illinois, Michigan, Missouri, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Texas, and Puerto Rico.
PEKING FOOD LLC is recalling the following frozen products packaged in flexible plastic bags, Net Wt. 1 lb. 8 oz.:
• Chef Hon brand STEAMED BUNS WITH SEAFOOD & VEGETABLE, UPC 7 47518 00156 2;
• Chef Hon brand STEAMED BUNS WITH SEAFOOD MARINATED IN XO-SAUCE, UPC 7 47518 00163 0;
The following lots of the listed products are being recalled: 16021 (BEST BEFORE 01/21/17), 15348 (Best Before 12/14/16), 15337 (BEST BEFORE 12/3/16), 15271 (BEST BEFORE 9/28/16), 15240 (BEST BEFORE 8/28/16), 15176 (BEST BEFORE 6/25/16), and 15120 (BEST BEFORE 4/30/16). The lot and “BEST BEFORE” codes can be found on the front of the bag.
No illnesses have been reported to date.
The recall was initiated after it was discovered during a USDA inspection that the products used an ingredient in the filling that contains eggs, and the steamed buns were distributed in packaging that did not reveal the presence of eggs.
Consumers who have purchased Chef Hon brand STEAMED BUNS WITH SEAFOOD & VEGETABLE and STEAMED BUNS WITH SEAFOOD MARINATED IN XO-SAUCE are urged to return them to the place of purchase for a full refund. Consumers with questions may contact the company at 1-888-686-7888, Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm, EST.
*We believe that none of the products being recalled were processed or offered through the national office.
* We strongly encourage you to notify your agencies within one business day from receipt of this notice.
* ALL cased and uncased inventories, both at the member level and agency level, need to be checked. This product may have entered member and agency warehouses through salvage, local donations, TEFAP, local purchases, retail pickups, food drives, or other avenues.
* For additional local details, please contact the Health Department(s) for the area(s) your food bank serves.
For full details on the recall, please visit: http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm486797.htm?source=govdelivery&utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery
If you have questions, please contact Wayne Melichar, Food Safety Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312.629.7263.