Maytag Dairy Farms Blue Cheese Sold at 17 Select Schnuck Markets Recalled Due to Possible Health Risk, With 0 Comments, Category: Recalls,
Maytag Dairy Farms Blue Cheese Sold at 17 Select Schnuck Markets Recalled Due to Possible Health Risk
For Immediate Release
March 4, 2016
Maytag Dairy Farms
800-247-2458 or 641-791-2010
Schnucks Consumer Affairs Department
800-264-4400 or 314-994-4400
St. Louis, MO – Maytag Blue Cheese has been voluntarily recalled from 17 Schnuck Markets locations due to possible contamination with Listeria monocytogenes. The potential for contamination was discovered after testing by the State of Iowa at Maytag Dairy Farms, Inc., Newton Iowa, revealed the presence of Listeria monocytogenes. No illnesses have been reported in connection with this recall to date.
Listeria Monocytogenes is an organism, which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people and other with weakened immune systems. Although healthy individuals may suffer only short-term symptom such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea, Listeriacan cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women.
Customers are urged to check for the following products purchased between 2/4/16 – 2/29/16:
1. Maytag Blue Cheese, 4 oz. wedges, UPC 0085408900104
2. Maytag Blue Cheese, various sizes (approximately 3-4 oz) sold cut and packaged in clear plastic wrap with Maytag Blue Cheese Dairy Farms label and scale label from the cheese department, UPC 0021806200000
Customers who have purchased this product should discard it, and may bring their receipt into the store of purchase for a full refund. Customers with questions may contact Maytag Dairy Farms Monday – Friday at 800-247-2458 or 641-791-2010 or the Schnucks Consumer Affairs Department Monday – Friday 8:30 am – 5:00 pm CST at 800-264-4400 or 314-994-4400.
This recall affects the following 17 Schnucks stores:
Lindenwood 1900 First Capitol Drive St. Charles, MO 63301
Kirkwood 10233 Manchester Road Kirkwood, MO 63122
Des Peres 12332 Manchester Road Des Peres, MO 63131
Clayton & Lindbergh 10275 Clayton Road St. Louis, MO 63124
Ladue 8867 Ladue Road Ladue, MO 63124
Kehrs Mill 2511 Kehrs Mill Road Ballwin, MO 63017
Richmond Center 6600 Clayton Road Richmond Heights, MO 63117
Hampton Village 60 Hampton Village Plaza St. Louis, MO 63109
Cape Girardeau 19 South Kingshighway Cape Girardeau, MO 63701
Carbondale 915 West Main Carbondale, IL 62901
Bloomington 1701 East Empire Street Bloomington, IL 61071
Montvale 2801 Chatham Road Springfield, IL 62704
Peoria 4800 University Peoria, IL 61614
East State 6410 East State Street Rockford, IL 61108
Loves Park 1810 Harlem Road Loves Park, IL 61111
Roscoe 4860 Hononegah Road Roscoe, IL 61073
Bettendorf 858 Middle Road Bettendorf, Iowa 52722
* We believe that none of the products being recalled were processed or offered through the national office.
* We strongly encourage you to notify your agencies within one business day from receipt of this notice.
* ALL cased and uncased inventories, both at the member level and agency level, need to be checked. This product may have entered member and agency warehouses through salvage, local donations, TEFAP, local purchases, retail pickups, food drives, or other avenues.
* For additional local details, please contact the Health Department(s) for the area(s) your food bank serves.
For full details on the recall, please visit: http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm489217.htm?source=govdelivery&utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery