Iowa Firm Recalls Beef Products Due To Misbranding and Undeclared Allergens
Class I Recall009-2015
Health Risk: HighJan 14, 2015
Congressional and Public Affairs
WASHINGTON, Jan. 14, 2015 – Agri Star Meat & Poultry, a Postville, Iowa establishment, is recalling approximately 1,690 pounds of beef products due to misbranding and undeclared allergens, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today. The products may contain peanuts, known allergens, which are not declared on the product label.
The following items, produced on September 29, 2014, are subject to recall: [Label]
• 13.5 oz. vacuum-packed packages containing 8 pieces of “Aaron’s BEST GLUTEN FREE Beef Franks Hot & Spicy CHIPOTLE.”
The products subject to recall bear the establishment number “EST. 4653A” inside the USDA mark of inspection. They were shipped to retail locations nationwide
The problem was discovered when the company’s ingredient supplier informed them that the ground cumin spice, used to produce the Hot and Spicy Beef Franks, may have been contaminated with peanut residue.
FSIS and the company have received no reports of adverse reactions due to consumption of these products. Anyone concerned about an injury or illness should contact a healthcare provider.
FSIS routinely conducts recall effectiveness checks to verify recalling firms notify their customers of the recall and that steps are taken to make certain that the product is no longer available to consumers. When available, the retail distribution list(s) will be posted on the FSIS website at www.fsis.usda.gov/recalls.
Consumers and media with questions about the recall can contact Yaakov Labowitz, VP of Sales and Marketing, at (718) 440-0459.
Consumers with food safety questions can “Ask Karen,” the FSIS virtual representative available 24 hours a day at AskKaren.gov or via smartphone at m.askkaren.gov. The toll-free USDA Meat and Poultry Hotline 1-888-MPHotline (1-888-674-6854) is available in English and Spanish and can be reached from l0 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Eastern Time) Monday through Friday. Recorded food safety messages are available 24 hours a day. The online Electronic Consumer Complaint Monitoring System can be accessed 24 hours a day at: http://www.fsis.usda.gov/reportproblem.
* We believe that none of the products being recalled were processed or offered through the national office.
* We strongly encourage you to notify your agencies within one business day from receipt of this notice.
* ALL cased and uncased inventories, both at the member level and agency level, need to be checked. This product may have entered member and agency warehouses through salvage, local donations, TEFAP, local purchases, retail pickups, food drives, or other avenues.
* For additional local details, please contact the Health Department(s) for the area(s) your food bank serves.
For full details on the recall, please visit: http://www.fsis.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsis/topics/recalls-and-public-health-alerts/recall-case-archive/archive/2015/recall-009-2015-release
If you have questions, please contact Wayne Melichar, Food Safety Manager, at email@example.com or 312.629.7263.