SUMMER FEEDING PROGRAMS
CLICK HERE TO READ COUNTY BY COUNTY PROGRAM LIST, LOCATIONS, DATES and TIMES.
During the school year in Central and Eastern Kentucky, thousands of children receive free or reduced-priced meals through the National School Lunch & Breakfast Program. When school is out during the summer months, however, only a few receive free or reduced-price meals through the USDA Summer Food Service Program. This gap in summer to school-time participants is the result of various barriers experienced only during the summer, including a lack of access to meal sites, insufficient program awareness, and limited resources when schools are closed.
God’s Pantry Food Bank operates several programs, and partner with other organizations, during the summer that seek to close this gap. These programs help meet the needs of low-income children and their families who face hunger in the summer by providing them with nutritious meals and snacks when school is not in session.
The Food Bank summer programs include BackPack programs, School Pantry programs and meal programs like Kids Cafe®.
When school is out of session, community meal programs make up the majority of food distributed. These programs typically receive reimbursement through the USDA Summer Food Service Program for meals provided to eligible children. Last year, the Feeding America network served 5.7 million meals to more than 178,000 hungry children through the Summer Food Service Program, which represents a 15% growth in meals distributed from the previous summer.
Please CLICK HERE to view a PDF of available Summer Feeding Programs – sites and information in Fayette County.
CLICK HERE to view the full program list and our recent press release for Summer Feeding Program 2016.
Use the partner agency Locator to contact your local hunger relief organization and find out what it is doing to solve hunger in your community.
Need More Information?
For additional information on the Summer Food Program or any of Feeding America’s child hunger programs contact Katie Landon – Youth Services & Nutrition Coordinator. 859-288-5316
To help God’s Pantry Food Bank’s mission to end hunger, donate to the cause where your $10 can provide more than 80 meals.
• Consolidated Baptist Church, 1625 Russell Cave Rd.
o June 20-July 22
Supper 6/20-6/23 6:45-7:45 PM Mon-Thurs
Lunch 12-1 PM 6/24-7/22 Mon-Fri;
Snack June 18th only 10 AM-1 PM
• Diocese of Lexington Mission House, 203 E. Fourth St.
o June 13- June 17
Breakfast 8:30-9:00 AM
Lunch 12:00-12:30 PM Mon-Fri
• 7th Street Community Center, 530 N. Martin Luther King Blvd.
o June 6-July 29
Lunch 12-1 PM Mon- Fri
Snack 3:30-4 PM Mon-Fri
• Embrace United Methodist Church, 1015 N. Limestone St.
o June 6-July 14
Lunch 1:00-1:30 PM Mon-Thurs
• Shiloh Baptist Church, 237 Fifth St.
o June 20-June 24
Supper 5:15 – 6:00 PM Mon-Fri
• Village Branch Library, 2185 Versailles Rd.
o May 27-August 9
Snack 3-4 PM Mon-Fri
Lunch 11:30-12:30 Mon-Fri
• Red Bird Mission, 70 Queendale Center (Beverly, KY).
o June 13-July 20 Monday & Wednesday.
Lunch from 11:15 AM-11:45 AM and snack from 2-2:15 PM. Closed site.
• Estill Co Extension Office, 76 Golden Court (Irvine)
o May 31-July 26 Tuesday. Lunch from 11:00 AM-Noon
• Estill County Housing Authority, 285 Mountain Crest (Irvine)
o June 2- July 29 Friday. Lunch from 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM
• Estill Ext Site 2: St. Timothy Outreach, 170 St. Timothy Road (Irvine)
o May 31-July 26 Tuesday. Lunch from 1 PM- 2 PM
• Estill Ext Site 3: Cobb Hill Fire Dept, 552 Watson Ridge (Ravenna)
o June 1- July 27 Wednesday. Lunch from 12 PM- 1PM
• Flemingsburg Assembly of God, 271 Mt. Sterling Avenue (Flemingsburg).
o May 29-Aug 10 Sunday Breakfast 9:15 AM- 9:45 AM. Wednesday Supper 4:30 pm – 5:30 PM
• Lewis County Public Library. 27 Third Street (Vanceburg).
o June 2-August 9. Breakfast 9 AM- 10 AM Saturdays. Lunches 12 noon-1 PM Mon-Fri and snack Mon/Tues/Thurs/Fri from 3:00-4:00 PM.
• Lewis County Public Library Book Mobile. Snacks at various routes:
o Key Stone Apts (619 Oakview) June 2-Aug 9 from 11:05 AM- 11:15 AM Mon/Tues/ Thurs/Fri
o Bonner Court Apts (307 KY Highway 59, Vanceburg) June 2-Aug 9 from 11:20 AM-11:30 AM Mon/Tues/ Thurs/Fri
o Housing Authority of Vanceburg (200-322 Halbert Ave.) June 2-Aug 9 from 11:35 AM-12 PM Mon/Tues/ Thurs/Fri
o Echo Hills (20 Echo Hills) June 2-Aug 9 from 12:05 PM -12:20 PM Mon/Tues/ Thurs/Fri
• Owsley County Public Library, 701 Kentucky Highway 11 (Booneville).
o May 13-August 10. Snacks Monday-Friday 3:30-4:30 PM
• New Life Church, 222 Murphy Avenue (Ferguson).
o May 20-August 8. Supper Monday, Wednesday & Friday 6 PM- 7 PM
• Community Outreach Center, 36 Castle Village Drive (Brodhead).
o June 2-August 4. Lunch Thursday 2 PM- 4 PM
• Triplett View Apartments, 1100 Triplett View Rd (Morehead).
o June 1-July 27. Lunch Monday and Wednesday 1 PM- 2:30 PM
• My Church of Georgetown, 701 Slone Drive. May 29-August 10. Breakfast Sunday 10 AM – 11 AM. Supper Wednesday 6:30 PM – 7:30 PM
• Reading Camp Georgetown, 116 Pocahontas Trail. July 11-15. Monday- Friday Breakfast 8 AM – 8:30 AM, Lunch 11:30 AM-12 PM
Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
(1) Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
(2) Fax: (202) 690-7442; or
(3) Email: [email protected]
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.