FAYETTE COUNTY PANTRY PROGRAM
The Fayette County Pantry Program serves clients (families and individuals residing in Fayette County) directly through the distribution of a five to seven-day supply of food to 1,900 households each month.
Those in need of assistance are referred by hundreds of local churches and social service agencies to one of our four neighborhood food pantries. An individual may receive food up to four times within a six-month period.
Clients are allowed to choose their food. The method is called: “Client Choice.” The clients are given an opportunity to pick food items to form a nutritional food selection. Food supplements are prepared from both donated and purchased food and contain the items necessary to prepare enough meals for five to seven days.
Many of us don’t realize just how close we are to needing assistance. Unfortunate circumstances, sickness or other troubles may put us in need without any warning. The Fayette County Pantry Program helps to ensure that even in these times of need, we can put food on the table.
- Click here to read our Special Report on Hunger in Fayette County (2011).
- Click here to volunteer at one of our four pantries.
- Click here to volunteer in central intake (client and agency phone referrals for pantries).
- Click here for information on how to get a food referral in Lexington.
- Click here to donate food to the Fayette County pantries, by hosting a Food Drive.
Our Four Pantry Locations & Information
Broadway Christian Church 187 North Broadway Street open 1-2:30 p.m.; 6-7:30 p.m. Monday-Friday
Central Christian Church 219 East Short Street open 2-4 p.m. Monday-Friday
Saint Luke United Methodist Church 2351 Alumni Drive open 1-2:30 p.m.; 6-7:30 p.m. Monday-Friday
Cambridge Drive Pantry 1902 Cambridge Drive open 6-7:30 p.m. Monday – Friday
- For more information on the Fayette County Pantry Program contact Mary Alice Daniels at 859-288-5319 or email@example.com
- The Fayette County Pantry Program referral line is open Monday – Friday (9 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 1-3 p.m.). The phone number is 859-259-2308.