As the countdown to New Year happened on December 31st, we spent some time counting some of the many things our donors helped us accomplish in 2014.
This year, we distributed enough food to create nearly 23,000,000 meals throughout Central and Eastern Kentucky.
As a part of that incredible number, we distributed:
- • more than 103,000 boxes of supplemental food to struggling seniors,
- • more than 33,000 BackPacks to at-risk school children,
- • nearly 25,000 snacks to hungry kids through school and neighborhood partners,
- • more than 21,000 meals at Kids Cafe sites, and
- • more than 19,000 boxes of food directly to families in 11 underserved counties.
Additionally, we released the 2014 Hunger in Central and Eastern Kentucky report on hunger and poverty in our 50-county service area; we very successfully completed the first full year of service at our new Southeast Regional Distribution Center; and we broke ground on the Morehead Regional Distribution Center. These two centers are part of our long term goals of getting more food onto the tables of hungry families in our service area.
It has been an incredible year full of hard work, exciting new approaches to fighting hunger, and most importantly, touching the lives of more than 191,000 struggling Kentuckians.
This is proof that together we can solve hunger.
Thank you for being a part of these wonderful accomplishments. If you haven’t been a part of our successes in 2014, we invite you to make a pledge to take action in 2015 by advocating for our Food Bank, volunteering or hosting a Food Drive and be a part of even more wonderful accomplishments in 2015
Thank you and HAPPY NEW YEAR!