Greencore USA Recalls Meat, Poultry Products Produced Without Benefit of Inspection
Class I Recall032-2016
Health Risk: HighApr 29, 2016
Congressional and Public Affairs
Richard J. McIntire
WASHINGTON, April 29, 2016 – Greencore USA, Inc., a North Kingstown, R.I. establishment, is recalling approximately 1,341 pounds of meat and poultry products that were produced without the benefit of federal inspection and outside inspection hours, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today.
The meat and poultry wrap and salad items were produced on April 7, 14, 18, 21 and 25, 2016. The following products are subject to recall: [View Labels (PDF Only)]
• 7.7-oz. packages of “STARBUCKS SOUTHWEST STYLE STEAK WRAP” with use-by dates of 4/10/2016 and 4/24/2016.
• 8.2-oz. packages of “STARBUCKS THAI-STYLE PEANUT CHICKEN WRAP” with use-by dates of 4/10/2016 and 4/17/2016.
• 9.5-oz. packages of “STARBUCKS ZESTY CHICKEN & BLACK BEAN SALAD BOWL” with a use-by date of 4/28/2016.
• 7.8-oz. packages of “HANNAFORD ITALIAN PESTO WRAP” with a use-by date of 4/25/2016.
• 7-oz. packages of “HANNAFORD ASIAN-STYLE SALAD” with a use-by date of 4/30/2016.
• 9.9-oz. packages of “TURKEY HILL FRESH TO GO GRILLED CHICKEN RANCH WRAP” with a use-by date of 4/23/2016
The products subject to recall bear establishment number “P-45540” inside the USDA mark of inspection. These items were shipped to distributors for retail sale in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York and Rhode Island.
The problem was discovered by FSIS inspection program personnel while reviewing establishment records during verification activities.
There have been no confirmed reports of adverse reactions due to consumption of these products. Anyone concerned about a reaction should contact a healthcare provider.
Consumers who have purchased these products are urged not to consume them. These products should be thrown away or returned to the place of purchase.
FSIS routinely conducts recall effectiveness checks to verify recalling firms notify their customers of the recall and that steps are taken to make certain that the product is no longer available to consumers. When available, the retail distribution list(s) will be posted on the FSIS website at www.fsis.usda.gov/recalls.
Consumers and media with questions about the recall should contact Greencore USA’s food recall coordinator at (978) 716 -2530 ext. 2543.
Consumers with food safety questions can “Ask Karen,” the FSIS virtual representative available 24 hours a day at AskKaren.gov or via smartphone at m.askkaren.gov. The toll-free USDA Meat and Poultry Hotline 1-888-MPHotline (1-888-674-6854) is available in English and Spanish and can be reached from l0 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Eastern Time) Monday through Friday. Recorded food safety messages are available 24 hours a day. The online Electronic Consumer Complaint Monitoring System can be accessed 24 hours a day at: http://www.fsis.usda.gov/reportproblem.
* We believe that none of the products being recalled were processed or offered through the national office.
* We strongly encourage you to notify your agencies within one business day from receipt of this notice.
* ALL cased and uncased inventories, both at the member level and agency level, need to be checked. This product may have entered member and agency warehouses through salvage, local donations, TEFAP, local purchases, retail pickups, food drives, or other avenues.
* For additional local details, please contact the Health Department(s) for the area(s) your food bank serves.
For full details on the recall, please visit: http://www.fsis.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsis/topics/recalls-and-public-health-alerts/recall-case-archive/archive/2016/recall-032-2016-release