For Immediate Release
October 30, 2015
GIANT/MARTIN’S Customer Service
Firm Press Release
View Product Photos
Carlisle, PA – GIANT Food Stores, LLC and MARTIN’S Food Markets announced it removed from sale Nature’s Promise Organic Edamame products because they contain soy, which is not listed on the ingredient label.
These products are safe to consume for individuals who do not suffer from a soy allergy.
The following products are included in this recall:
• Nature’s Promise Organic Shelled Edamame, 16 oz., UPC 68826712764
• Nature’s Promise Organic Edamame in Pod, 16 oz., UPC 68826702124
GIANT/MARTIN’S has received no reports of illnesses to date. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to soy may run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products. Symptoms of food allergies typically appear from within a few minutes to two hours after a person has eaten the food to which he or she is allergic. Allergic reactions can include: hives; flushed skin or rash; tingling or itchy sensation in the mouth; face, tongue, or lip swelling; vomiting and/or diarrhea; abdominal cramps; coughing or wheezing; dizziness and/or lightheadedness; swelling of the throat and vocal cords; difficulty breathing; loss of consciousness.
Customers who have purchased these products should discard any unused portions and bring their purchase receipt to GIANT/MARTIN’S for a full refund.
Consumers looking for additional information on the recall may call GIANT/MARTIN’S Customer Service at 1-888-814-4268 for more information. Customers can also visit the GIANT or MARTIN’S websites.
GIANT/MARTIN’S is committed to helping its customers save money, save time and eat well. Founded in 1923 in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, GIANT/MARTIN’S operates nearly 200 grocery stores in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia, under the names of GIANT Food Stores and MARTIN’S Food Markets. GIANT/MARTIN’S employs more than 33,000 associates and is a division of Ahold USA. In addition to working with hundreds of local and regional organizations annually, GIANT/MARTIN’S has a long-standing focus on efforts to eradicate hunger and improve the quality of life for children. GIANT/MARTIN’S is one of the top ten fund-raisers in the country for local Children’s Miracle Network hospitals. The company was also recognized as 2015 Chain Retailer of the Year by Grocery Headquarters. For more information visit the GIANT or MARTIN’S websites. Find GIANT and MARTIN’S on Facebook and on Twitter @GiantFoodStores or @MartinsFoodMkts.
* We believe that none of the products being recalled were processed or offered through the national office.
* We strongly encourage you to notify your agencies within one business day from receipt of this notice.
* ALL cased and uncased inventories, both at the member level and agency level, need to be checked. This product may have entered member and agency warehouses through salvage, local donations, TEFAP, local purchases, retail pickups, food drives, or other avenues.
* For additional local details, please contact the Health Department(s) for the area(s) your food bank serves.
For full details on the recall, please visit:
If you have questions, please contact Wayne Melichar, Food Safety Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312.629.7263.