Fresh Express Issues Precautionary Recall of a Small Quantity of Caesar Salad Kits Due to an Undeclared Walnut Allergen, With 0 Comments, Category: Recalls,
Fresh Express Issues Precautionary Recall of a Small Quantity of Caesar Salad Kits Due to an Undeclared Walnut Allergen
For Immediate Release
June 17, 2016
Consumer Response Center
View Product Photos
Orlando, Florida – Fresh Express Incorporated issued a precautionary recall of a small quantity of 7.6 ounce net weight Fresh Express Caesar Salad Kits when it was learned that two bags of salad kits were mistakenly packed with incorrect condiments including walnuts, a tree nut allergen. According to the company, a total of 2,449 cases could possibly contain the wrong condiment packet and are subject to the precautionary recall. The recalled Caesar Salad Kits were distributed to approximately 19 states primarily in the Southeast and are identified by Product Code G163B13A with a Use-By Date of June 26.
Fresh Express representatives are already working with retailers to ensure any incorrectly packed salad kits are rapidly removed from store shelves and inventories. No other Fresh Express products are included in this recall. No illnesses are reported.
Consumers in possession of the recalled product should discard it. A refund is available where purchased or by contacting the Fresh Express Consumer Response Center toll-free at (800) 242-5472 during the hours of 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Eastern Time.
Upon being alerted to the mistake, Fresh Express took immediate action to protect the health and well-being of consumers who may be at risk from exposure to an undeclared walnut allergen. According to company procedure, Fresh Express products containing allergens must be properly labeled in accordance with the law. Any deviation is immediately investigated and action taken to ensure removal from the marketplace.
Fresh Express takes all matters of food safety seriously. The Fresh Express comprehensive food safety program exceeds government requirements and focuses on preventive measures to minimize risk. Fresh Express is coordinating closely with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to effectively manage this isolated incident caused by human error.
Recalled Product Identification Details
• 7.6 ounce net weight Fresh Express Caesar Salad Kit
• Product Code G163B13A; Use-By Date June 26 (located in the upper right hand corner on the front of the bag)
• UPC Code 0 71279 30100 6 (located on the reverse side of the bag by the bar code)
Recalled Product Distribution
Fresh Express Precautionary Recall, June 17, 2016, 7.6 ounce Caesar Salad Kit
(No other Fresh Express Salads are included in this recall)
BRAND PRODUCT NAME NET WEIGHT UPC CODE PRODUCTION CODE USE BY DATE POSSIBLE DISTRIBUTION LOCATIONS
Fresh Express Caesar Salad Kit 7.6 oz. 0 7127930100 6 G163B13A 26-June AL,AR, DE, FL, GA, IL,IN, KY, LA, MD, MO, MS, NC, OH, PA, SC, TN, WV, VA, DC and Puerto Rico
* We believe that none of the products being recalled were processed or offered through the national office.
* We strongly encourage you to notify your agencies within one business day from receipt of this notice.
* ALL cased and uncased inventories, both at the member level and agency level, need to be checked. This product may have entered member and agency warehouses through salvage, local donations, TEFAP, local purchases, retail pickups, food drives, or other avenues.
* For additional local details, please contact the Health Department(s) for the area(s) your food bank serves.
For full details on the recall, please visit: http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm507575.htm?source=govdelivery&utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery