Food Recall of Sweet & Salty Trail Mix – Because of Possible Health Risk, Due to Potential Presence of Listeria Monocytogenes, With 0 Comments, Category: Recalls,
Food Recall of Sweet & Salty Trail Mix – Because of Possible Health Risk, Due to Potential Presence of Listeria Monocytogenes
For Immediate Release
May 9, 2016
Rucker’s Makin’ Batch Candies, Inc.
(618) 945-7778 or (888) 622-2639
View Product Photos
Rucker’s Makin’ Batch Candies, Inc. of Bridgeport, IL is voluntarily recalling the specific code dates listed below of Dollywood Sweet & Salty Trail Mix cello bag, due to the potential presence of Listeria Monocytogenes. Listeria monocytogenes is an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Although, healthy individuals may suffer only short-term symptoms, such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea. Listeriainfection can cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women.
The affected product is packaged in an 11 oz. clear bag with Dollywood Theme Park label, UPC 490000503272. This only affects packages with best by codes 11-22-16 and 1-6-17. The product is distributed at Dollywood Theme Park in Pigeon Forge, TN.
Please note, no illnesses have been reported to date.
Rucker’s Makin’ Batch Candies, Inc. initiated the recall after being notified by our supplier that sunflower kernels used in the Sweet & Salty Trail Mix were recalled for potential presence of Listeria monocytogenes.
DO NOT CONSUME this product. Customers whom wish to receive a refund for unused portions or have questions, may contact Rucker’s Makin’ Batch Candies, Inc. at 618-945-7778 or 888-622-2639 Mon-Fri. 8:00 am – 4:00 pm CST, or email –
* We believe that none of the products being recalled were processed or offered through the national office.
* We strongly encourage you to notify your agencies within one business day from receipt of this notice.
* ALL cased and uncased inventories, both at the member level and agency level, need to be checked. This product may have entered member and agency warehouses through salvage, local donations, TEFAP, local purchases, retail pickups, food drives, or other avenues.
* For additional local details, please contact the Health Department(s) for the area(s) your food bank serves.
For full details on the recall, please visit: http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm500228.htm?source=govdelivery&utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery