Clif Bar & Company Issues Voluntary Recall of Three Flavors: CLIF BAR Nuts & Seeds Energy Bars, CLIF BAR Sierra Trail Mix Energy Bars, and CLIF Mojo Mountain Mix Trail Mix Bars Due to Possible Health Risk, With 0 Comments, Category: Recalls,
Clif Bar & Company Issues Voluntary Recall of Three Flavors: CLIF BAR Nuts & Seeds Energy Bars, CLIF BAR Sierra Trail Mix Energy Bars, and CLIF Mojo Mountain Mix Trail Mix Bars Due to Possible Health Risk
For Immediate Release
June 2, 2016
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – Emeryville, CA. Clif Bar & Company is initiating a voluntary recall of CLIF BAR® Nuts & Seeds energy bars, CLIF BAR® Sierra Trail Mix energy bars, and CLIF® Mojo® Mountain Mix® trail mix bars, sold nationally, after its ingredient supplier, SunOpta, was found to have distributed sunflower kernels that may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes (L.mono).
Clif Bar has not received any reports of illness; however, the company is initiating the voluntary recall in an abundance of caution.
Only the flavors meeting the following criteria are affected by the recall:
• CLIF BAR® Nuts & Seeds energy bar all pack configurations with “best by” date ranges starting 08JUN16 through 21JAN17
• CLIF BAR® Sierra Trail Mix energy bar all pack configurations with “best by” date ranges starting 05JUN16 through 24MAR17
• CLIF® Mojo® Mountain Mix® trail mix bar all pack configurations with “best by” date ranges starting 16JUN16 through 02FEB17
Pictures of the products listed above will be available here.
Listeria monocytogenes is an organism, which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in pregnant women, young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Although healthy individuals may suffer only short-term symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea, Listeria monocytogenes infection can cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women.
People who have purchased any of the above products are urged not to consume the products and to destroy it. All retailers who received the products are being contacted. Any questions can be directed to 1-888-851-8456. Details also can be found here. Clif Bar is consulting with the FDA on this voluntary recall.
* We believe that none of the products being recalled were processed or offered through the national office.
* We strongly encourage you to notify your agencies within one business day from receipt of this notice.
* ALL cased and uncased inventories, both at the member level and agency level, need to be checked. This product may have entered member and agency warehouses through salvage, local donations, TEFAP, local purchases, retail pickups, food drives, or other avenues.
* For additional local details, please contact the Health Department(s) for the area(s) your food bank serves.
For full details on the recall, please visit: http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm504833.htm?source=govdelivery&utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery