We need your help again to CALL/EMAIL and TWEET CONGRESS! Please do so TODAY and set up a reminder to act again in the near future!
The child nutrition bill will expire on September 30 of this year. Unfortunately, nobody in Congress or the White House is talking about it.
The stakes are high, so we need to make sure Members of Congress are hearing from us early and often.
We are asking all of our supporters to call their Members of Congress today with a very simple message. Here’s how to do it:
1. Dial Feeding America’s toll free number, (888) 398-8702, listen to the pre-recorded message and enter your home address zip code and connect to your representative first.
2. State that you are a constituent, and give your name and that you are calling on behalf of God’s Pantry Food Bank.
3. Let them know you are calling about the Child Nutrition Bill and deliver this important message:
As your constituent, I’m asking you to pass a strong child nutrition bill that makes new investments in hunger-relief programs for children. There should be no bigger priority than ensuring our nation’s children have enough to eat so they can stay healthy, grow, and do well in school. Please work with your colleagues to pass a strong child nutrition bill.
4. Be sure to dial back in with these following zip codes to get in touch with all four representatives in the God’s Pantry Food Bank service area.
5. Complete steps 1-3 for each of the representatives listed above. (make four different phone calls for zip codes: 40511 – Barr, 41503 – Rogers, 41179 – Massie, 40444 – Guthrie)
6. Complete steps 1-3 to leave a message for our SENATORS (Rand Paul and Mitch McConnell).
7. OR EMAIL our representatives and copy and paste the above message!
Andy Barr: email@example.com
Hal Rogers: firstname.lastname@example.org
Brett Guthrie: Ky02guthrie@mail.house.gov
Thomas Massie: Thomas.email@example.com
8. AND TWEET (as often as you want!) our representatives and senators if you have a twitter account! @RepGuthrie on behalf of @GPFoodBank I’m asking you to pass a strong child nutrition bill ensure our nations’ children have enough to eat.
1. MitchMcConnell: @McConnellPress. Or @SenateMajLdr
2. Rand Paul: @SenRandPaul
3. Andy Barr @RepAndyBarr
4. Brett Guthrie: @RepGuthrie
5. Thomas Massie: @RepThomasMassie
6. Hal Rogers: @RepHalRogers
Thank you for taking action! Together we can solve hunger