Bickel’s Snack Foods Recalls Golden Gourmet Veggie Chips Because of Possible Health Risk
For Immediate Release
May 5, 2016
View Product Photos
Bickel’s Snack Foods is voluntarily recalling 2,010 bags of Golden Gourmet Veggie Chips. The Golden Gourmet Veggie Chips are coated in Ranch Seasoning made with milk. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to milk run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.
The Golden Gourmet Veggie Chip bags were distributed to stores in the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Iowa, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, North Carolina, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Vermont, Wisconsin, and West Virginia
The affected Golden Gourmet Veggie Chips were distributed in clear wrap bags under the following label and code:
• GOLDEN GOURMET Veggie Chips, NET WT. 12 OZ (340g), with bag code: 26SEP16 Z4D1 and 26SEP16 Z5D1.
The concern leading to the recall of Golden Gourmet Veggie Chips was found during stocking at the retail level. The Golden Gourmet Veggie Chips label was observed in a Golden Gourmet Ranch Flavored Veggie Chips case and the issue was reported. All recalled product has been distributed to the retail level and the firm is contacting customers. The company is fully cooperating with regulatory agencies and is not aware of any illnesses associated with the product to date.
Consumers with milk allergies who purchased Golden Gourmet Veggie Chips with the aforementioned code information are urged not to consume this product and throw it away. Consumers requiring refund or with questions can contact the company at 717-900-1520 and ask for Consumer Affairs Monday thru Friday between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM EST.
* We believe that none of the products being recalled were processed or offered through the national office.
* We strongly encourage you to notify your agencies within one business day from receipt of this notice.
* ALL cased and uncased inventories, both at the member level and agency level, need to be checked. This product may have entered member and agency warehouses through salvage, local donations, TEFAP, local purchases, retail pickups, food drives, or other avenues.
* For additional local details, please contact the Health Department(s) for the area(s) your food bank serves.
For full details on the recall, please visit: http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm499931.htm?source=govdelivery&utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery