Bellisio Foods, Inc. Recalls Boneless Pork Rib Frozen Entree Products Due To Possible Foreign Matter Adulteration, With 0 Comments, Category: Recalls,
Bellisio Foods, Inc. Recalls Boneless Pork Rib Frozen Entree Products Due To Possible Foreign Matter Adulteration
Class II Recall149-2015
Health Risk: LowDec 22, 2015
Congressional and Public Affairs
WASHINGTON, Dec. 22, 2015 – Bellisio Foods, Inc., a Jackson, Ohio establishment, is recalling approximately 285,264 pounds of boneless pork rib shaped patty frozen entree products that may be adulterated with extraneous materials, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today.
The Boston Market Boneless Pork Rib Shaped Patty with BBQ Sauce and Mashed Potatoes frozen entree items were produced on various dates between Sept. 09, 2015, and Dec. 14, 2015. The following products are subject to recall: [View Label (PDF Only)]
• 14-oz. boxed packages containing “Boston Market Home Style Meals Boneless Pork Rib Shaped Patty with BBQ Sauce and Mashed Potatoes” with Use By dates 09/09/2016; 09/22/2016; 10/08/2016; 10/30/2016; and 12/14/2016.
The products subject to recall bear establishment number “EST. 18297” on the end panel of the package. These items were shipped to retail locations nationwide.
The problem was discovered after the firm received consumer complaints of possible glass or hard plastic pieces being found in the frozen entree.
There have been no confirmed reports of adverse reactions or injuries due to consumption of these products. Anyone concerned about an injury or illness should contact a healthcare provider.
Consumers who have purchased these products are urged not to consume them. These products should be thrown away or returned to the place of purchase.
FSIS routinely conducts recall effectiveness checks to verify recalling firms notify their customers of the recall and that steps are taken to make certain that the product is no longer available to consumers.
Consumers with questions about the recall can contact Consumer Relations at 1-800-446-5469. Media with questions about the recall can contact Tom Lindell, Public Relations, at (612) 305-6149.
Consumers with food safety questions can “Ask Karen,” the FSIS virtual representative available 24 hours a day at AskKaren.gov or via smartphone at m.askkaren.gov. The toll-free USDA Meat and Poultry Hotline 1-888-MPHotline (1-888-674-6854) is available in English and Spanish and can be reached from l0 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Eastern Time) Monday through Friday. Recorded food safety messages are available 24 hours a day. The online Electronic Consumer Complaint Monitoring System can be accessed 24 hours a day at: http://www.fsis.usda.gov/reportproblem.
* We believe that none of the products being recalled were processed or offered through the national office.
* We strongly encourage you to notify your agencies within one business day from receipt of this notice.
* ALL cased and uncased inventories, both at the member level and agency level, need to be checked. This product may have entered member and agency warehouses through salvage, local donations, TEFAP, local purchases, retail pickups, food drives, or other avenues.
* For additional local details, please contact the Health Department(s) for the area(s) your food bank serves.
For full details on the recall, please visit: http://www.fsis.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsis/topics/recalls-and-public-health-alerts/recall-case-archive/archive/2015/recall-149-2015-release
If you have questions, please contact Wayne Melichar, Food Safety Manager, at [email protected] or 312.629.7263.