A Precautionary Recall of Three Cases of The Farmers Market Chopped Asian Salad Kit is Announced Due to Possible Exposure to Allergens, With 0 Comments, Category: Recalls,
A Precautionary Recall of Three Cases of The Farmers Market Chopped Asian Salad Kit is Announced Due to Possible Exposure to Allergens
For Immediate Release
May 13, 2016
Fresh Express Consumer Response Center
View Product Photos
Orlando, Florida – A precautionary recall of three cases (containing 6 salads each) of 6.25 ounce The Farmers Market Chopped Asian Salad Kit with Product Code G126B22 and Use-by Date of May 20, 2016 has been issued due to possible exposure to undeclared allergens (soy, almonds, wheat). The product, manufactured by Fresh Express, was marketed and distributed by Giant Eagle Inc.
Giant Eagle has already retrieved all but three individual salad kit bowls and prevented them from being offered for sale. The three remaining salad kit bowls were distributed to a Giant Eagle store in Coraopolis, Pennsylvania. No other Giant Eagle or Fresh Express salad products are included in this recall. No illnesses are reported.
The precautionary recall was necessitated when it was discovered incorrect labels had been applied to a small quantity of the salad kits. In some individuals the consumption of an undisclosed allergen could be life-threatening.
Fresh Express and Giant Eagle take all matters of food safety very seriously, including the issue of allergens. Fresh Express is coordinating with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration regarding this isolated event.
Consumers in possession of the recalled salad should discard it. A refund is available where purchased. With questions, consumers may contact the Fresh Express Consumer Response Center toll-free at (800) 242-5472 during the hours of 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Eastern Time or Giant Eagle Customer Care at (800) 553-2324 during the hours of 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Eastern Time Monday through Friday.
Recalled Product Details
• The Farmers Market Chopped Asian Salad Kit, 6.25 ounce bowl
• Product Code of G126B22 and Use-By Date of May 20 located on the bottom label of the package
• Distribution: Three individual salad kit bowls were distributed to Giant Eagle grocery store, Coraopolis, Pennsylvania
* We believe that none of the products being recalled were processed or offered through the national office.
* We strongly encourage you to notify your agencies within one business day from receipt of this notice.
* ALL cased and uncased inventories, both at the member level and agency level, need to be checked. This product may have entered member and agency warehouses through salvage, local donations, TEFAP, local purchases, retail pickups, food drives, or other avenues.
* For additional local details, please contact the Health Department(s) for the area(s) your food bank serves.
For full details on the recall, please visit: http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm501084.htm?source=govdelivery&utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery